Author Topic: Sales party: the bait and switch! Update #42, #48, #90, #109, FINAL #134  (Read 31967 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Sales party: the bait and switch! Update #42, upsetting #48
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2013, 07:56:52 PM »
Good for you!  She doesn't deserve any space in your head.  Passing along (((hugs))) and maple syrup muffins as soon as they are out of the oven.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2013, 09:30:37 PM »
((((HUGS))))))))))   You are a much better woman than me, because I do believe I would have absolutely blown up....she would have not only been groveling but also renouncing home sales parties by the time I would have finished.  She only sees $$$, but soon she may wake up and look around at her money and cosmetics and realize she has no more friends

diesel_darlin

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2013, 09:39:35 PM »
((((HUGS))))))))))   You are a much better woman than me, because I do believe I would have absolutely blown up....she would have not only been groveling but also renouncing home sales parties by the time I would have finished.  She only sees $$$, but soon she may wake up and look around at her money and cosmetics and realize she has no more friends

This. Oh so much. I would have made her cry. I realize that would have been a breach of etiquette, but this woman is apparently too thick to understand the severity of Nemesis's situation.

Nemesis, big squishy hugs, and applause for handling it as well as you did.  :)

Waterlight

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »
Nemesis, I'm keeping you and your baby in my thoughts.  You've handled the situation with now-ex-friend much better than I would have.

*looks around*  Oooo, chocolate fudge cake!  May I have a slice please?   :D

*offers a bouquet and a couple of bottles of nonalcoholic pear cider*
“The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”--Ralph Waldo Emerson

johelenc1

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2013, 10:37:02 PM »
I'm so sorry your baby is in danger.  At 24 weeks we discovered our twins had TTTS.  We too were faced with losing one or both of our babies.  It's a horrible place to be.  I ended up delivering at 26.1 weeks, and we have been incredibly fortunate and blessed that 5.5 years later they are both here and healthy.  I hope for you an outcome that is equally as favorable.  Prayers for your whole family.

gmatoy

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2013, 10:41:14 PM »
Adding my prayers and agreeing that you handled better than I would have.

mmswm

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2013, 11:29:14 PM »
Thank you for you thoughts and prayers. Thank you very much. Every bit helps and I am truly grateful for you.

I had a good cry and feel much better now. Moving forward, I'm not going to think about my friend at all. There is just no emotional space for her. I just don't want to deal with her any more so if the friendship dies after this, then so be it.

Thank you again for such overwhelming support. ((((Hugs)))) to everyone and with chocolate fudge cake too!

You are a strong and amazing woman.  Big (gentle) hugs for you and a big bear hug to Little Nemesis and Mr. Nemesis because they probably need them too.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2013, 11:39:21 PM »
(((Hugs)))

I'm so sorry that your baby is in danger. I hope things improve for you both.

I'm glad to hear that you aren't wasting another moment thinking about his person. You need positive thoughts and energy around you.

Take care of you and yours.

:::virtual foot rub:::

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2013, 11:40:18 PM »
Still praying for your health and stength - for all 3 of you!

fluffy

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2013, 09:19:32 AM »
Thinking good thoughts for you. :)

I feel like long-term friendships can become really toxic, but are the hardest to let go. I mean, you start being friends with someone when you're 15 years old (making that number up, this is all the general you), and it doesn't matter that neither of you is fully aware of all the societal niceties and that maybe one or both of you can be a little selfish sometimes.  I mean, you're both 15! Teenagers are notoriously clueless and can be really selfish at times. The only thing that matters is that you're super close, and you're building up a shared history.

Fast forward a decade or two, and you've gradually diverged. One of you grows up, learns how to be a fully functional adult, starts thinking about how their actions will affect other people. The other one still acts the way they did when they were 15. But you've been friends forever, and you have all these in-jokes, and stories. At what point do you say, "wow, my friend hasn't had much personal growth since we were 15."

If you'd met a friend like that as an adult, you very likely wouldn't have a close friendship with them. But, because when you met when you were both clueless teens, that friendship is already firmly in place. It's like the frog sitting in a pot of water on the stove. You don't realize it's happening, because it's so gradual. Except one day you're submerged in boiling water.

I don't necessarily know that this friend is truly toxic (although she certainly is acting toxic in this situation). But I can certainly understand how it might be hard to give up on a close friendship that has lasted since you were both a lot younger.

Hugs, nemesis. I think that you're handling this with great aplomb. Who knows? Maybe this is the wakeup call that your friend needs. If it isn't, you might think about phasing her out of her life. Life's too short to stay friends with selfish people.

My best friend and I have been friends for almost 20 years. We're still friends because neither of us would pull this type of #$! We have other friends from HS that we've let slowly fade from our lives. Because we grew up, and they didn't.

Coley

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »
(((Hugs))) Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2013, 10:01:38 AM »
Fluffy, you put that very well and I've had friends like that too.  It's not always a case of it being toxic, so much as just growing apart. I had a friend I knew since I was two and we really had very little in common other than our history.   We had even less in common as we moved into our twenties and have grown apart, now.   

Another friend DH and I knew in college and had some fun times with back then but like you put it, we have grown up and he hasn't and in that case it grew quite toxic and we gave him the cut direct.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2013, 11:44:35 AM »
(((((((((((((((soft Hugs nemisis Soft Hugs)))))))))))))))

(((((((((((Holds You )))))))))))))

Prayers <3

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

gorplady

• “Put silk on a goat and it is still a goat”
    • PerfectDuluthDay
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2013, 12:31:04 PM »
What a troll!

I'm sorry that this has happened to you - it's never easy when people are attached to us emotionally and we have to let go because they are a toxic person. It's very easy to get sucked in!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2013, 07:15:57 PM »
My very best wishes to you and your family, Nemesis. 
"After all this time?"
"Always."