Author Topic: Sales party: the bait and switch! Update #42, #48, #90, #109, FINAL #134  (Read 34400 times)

Gyburc

Nemesis, I'm so glad to see your update! I will be thinking of you all and will keep you in my prayers.

G
When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

Nemesis

Op again!

I am really touched by everyone's support and kind words here. I truly am. So thank you and thank you and thank you again. I am actually on another forum for group support for people with my condition and I don't think I receive as much support there as here. Most likely it is because everyone there are all too scared and upset.

Reading all yr kind words and thoughts really helps to brighten my day. Also, since mid last week I can actually feel the baby kicking (I am at 18 weeks now) and it has been giving me great comfort.

I was so afraid to bond with the baby or to have any feelings towards it before. The guilt and fear were killing me and making me emotionally unstable. But now with the kicking, I have started bonding with the baby and actually feel "pregnancy contentment".

Emotinally, I am in a very good place right now. I pray that my physical body will follow likewise :)

Thank you again and I am humbled by everyone's kindness.

Spring Water on Sundays

• We will never rest, fighting the battle of who could care less.
Op again!

I am really touched by everyone's support and kind words here. I truly am. So thank you and thank you and thank you again. I am actually on another forum for group support for people with my condition and I don't think I receive as much support there as here. Most likely it is because everyone there are all too scared and upset.

Reading all yr kind words and thoughts really helps to brighten my day. Also, since mid last week I can actually feel the baby kicking (I am at 18 weeks now) and it has been giving me great comfort.

I was so afraid to bond with the baby or to have any feelings towards it before. The guilt and fear were killing me and making me emotionally unstable. But now with the kicking, I have started bonding with the baby and actually feel "pregnancy contentment".

Emotinally, I am in a very good place right now. I pray that my physical body will follow likewise :)

Thank you again and I am humbled by everyone's kindness.

This is such a sweet update. Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy :)

BeagleMommy

Such good news, Nemesis!  I will continue keeping you and your little one in my thoughts and prayers.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
So glad to hear that things are better!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

mmswm

I'm so glad to hear that things are slowly getting better.  Please don't feel guilty for avoiding bonding with the baby before.  This is a totally normal reaction for a woman with a very high risk pregnancy.  When you (general) know there's a chance for a bad outcome, you put up walls around your heart to keep yourself from getting hurt. It's okay to be scared. When I was pregnant with my youngest I was pretty much an emotional zombie.  You're doing a great job keeping yourself together and healthy.  No matter what happens, you know you can always come here for support. (((Hugs)))
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

LeveeWoman

Great news about the baby, Nemesis!

EMuir

So glad to hear that. *hugs*

mime

So glad to hear that things are looking up!
You'll continue to be in my prayers.  :)

Eeep!

Hurray for the good updates!
So happy the pregnancy is going better and yay for kicking!
As to your "friend" - good decision defriending her. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

saffron

That is absolutely wonderful.

gmatoy

Continuing to pray and sending good thoughts for you, baby, and all who are helping to care for you both!

Marbles

• I'm lost
My prayers are with you, too, OP. May your baby hold on for many more weeks to come!

chibichan

Bet you've never been so glad to be kicked !

I'll keep sending good thoughts your way for you and your baby .
The key to avoiding trouble is to learn to recognize it from a distance.

Nemesis

FINAL UPDATE:
Because I am a naturally curious person who likes hearing the end of stories, I thought you might like to hear this one :)

All the lovely thoughts and prayers helped! My little baby was born this morning, full term albeit 11 days early! She has been proclaimed to be perfectly healthy, while my own health has been pronounced to be recovering exceptionally well. We will both be going home tomorrow morning!

I would like to extend my deepfelt thanks to everyone here who has been so supportive, especially through the period when I honestly thought that I was going to lose my little girl. Holding her now gives me such joy and blessings that I can hardly believe how lucky I am.

On other news, my friend has dropped out of the sales company thing. But our friendship has been damaged and we have not been in contact since this thread. She has made no effort to reach out and neither have I. Some friendships are destined to completely die, I guess.