A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Would you be a child again?

<< < (2/17) > >>

CreteGirl:
No.  I would not want to have to go through all the phases again, like finding a husband and proving myself in my career.

siamesecat2965:

--- Quote from: ydpubs on March 26, 2013, 05:57:48 PM ---If I could have the brain with all the knowledge I have now, yes, I would go back and start from childhood again.

--- End quote ---

This. Otherwise, no. while I didn't have a miserable childhood, I was shy, quiet, didn't have a lot of friends and was picked on all the time. No way I'd go back and relive all that agian.

Jones:
Maybe the last year of teenaged life, but child....no. I had no control, many bad memories, couldn't participate in sports or any non-church or non-school events. Yes I had playtime, but also a lot of responsibilities and little choice in the matter. I was often confused on adult vs. Child responsibilities and perks. I swimmingly took to being an adult and, though some days are hard, wouldn't trade back.

ladyknight1:
My mom (along with 90% of the other moms on our block) was of the opinion that if the sun was out and we weren't at school, we were to be outside. Thus, my childhood was a blur of spending long, hot days outside, and having to take turns going to different houses on the block to use the bathroom or get a drink or snack. She was a SAHM, but that meant soap operas and house cleaning took the priority, not time with her daughters. So, no, I would not go back. (O/T I was astonished to learn working moms today spend more quality time with their children than SAHM's of the the 60's and 70's, cured my guilt forever.)

School was a pretty terrible time other than music, science and literature. My life drastically improved in my 20's and 30's. About ten years ago, I stopped wondering how my life would have turned out if I had made different decisions. I wouldn't have met DH, and DS would not exist. I would never change neither of those.

Library Dragon:
Oh no!  Especially if it was with my highly dysfunctional family.  After more than 30 years of marriage my mother is still waiting for me to come out of the closet.  Her evidence:

* I joined the Army (well, it was in the 70s  ;))
* I got married before I had children
I remember as a pre-teen having people tell me these were the best years of my life.  It frightened me that life wouldn't get better.  Fortunately I planned my escape--by joining the Army--and discovered things really could get better. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version