Author Topic: Favorite store-bought cookies  (Read 6855 times)

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
Re: Favorite store-bought cookies
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2013, 04:44:51 PM »
The Costco brand shortbread cookies during Christmas season is yummy, as is the President's Choice Decadent chocolate chip (and reverse decadent) and this is making me hungry btw!

delabela

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2013, 04:51:48 PM »
Anna's Almond Thins - yum.  And I can eat the heck out of some Milanos. 

I do always buy girl scout cookies too - thin mints and samoas!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2013, 07:30:57 PM »
Dad's brand chocolate chip cookies and Goodie Rings. 

Chewy Chips Ahoy

When I was in Scotland I got hooked on these cookies called Party Rings, but alas, they are not available here :(
"After all this time?"
"Always."

demarco

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »
Nabisco vanilla wafers are my favorites, along with a peanut butter version made by a different company (sorry, can't remember which).  I also like Oreos and Archway macaroons, and Peppereidge Farm  Chess Men. 

I haven't bought any of the above for years because I can and will eat the whole package in one afternoon if I've got it in the house.  It's too bad you can't buy just one commercial cookie at a time....

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2013, 08:24:57 PM »
Samoas/Caramel Delights
mint chocolate chip cookies from Panera (they only sell them during Christmas, and that makes me sad)
white chocolate chip macadamia from Subway (they somehow taste better there)
Nilla wafers, but then I end up wanting a huge bowl of banana pudding  :D

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

doodlemor

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2013, 08:52:20 PM »
I just love the Wegman's Italian classics, especially the cuccidari and the raspberry filled. 

My very favorite is a double oatmeal lace cookie from Sweden -  two very thin cookies are put together at the bottoms with chocolate.   I can't remember the name or the brand - it is in the European foods aisle.

Modified because a sentence didn't make sense.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:06:17 PM by doodlemor »

HoneyBee42

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 11:31:25 PM »
Double-stuff Golden Oreos
Lofthouse frosted sugar cookies
Dark chocolate coated butter cookies from Aldi's

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2013, 03:09:44 AM »
I also love the chocolate chip m&m cookies from Subway, and the old chocolate chunk peanut butter cookies from Tim Hortons

peaches

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2013, 03:16:46 AM »
I love Pepperidge Farm cookies (Chessmen, Gingerbread Men, those fruit filled thingies).

My favorites are Girl Scout Thin Mints. I used to keep them in the freezer to slow down consumption, but the darn things taste great frozen, too.

daen

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2013, 08:18:13 PM »
Off-topic -  my aunt used to put her home-made chocolate chip cookies in the freezer immediately to keep the kids from eating them. So, of course the kids pulled them out of the freezer and ate them frozen. (pre-microwave days.) One day, my cousin came home early, before the cookies had made it to the freezer. He grabbed one, took a bite, and shook his head. "Tastes wrong," he said, and put it in the freezer.

On-topic - there's a chocolate-striped coconut-caramel ring in Superstore's No Name line that is quite lovely. Recently, I've discovered a Walmart lime cookie covered in icing sugar that is thoroughly tasty.

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 08:11:18 AM »
Oreos are one of my favorites, and the other is the local store-brand molasses cookie.  I rarely buy them, because once the package is open, they're gone.  I have no restraint whatsoever.

So...a couple of years ago I found a recipe for chocolate-chip-cookies-covered Oreos.  Tried them, and thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Make chocolate chip cookie dough (or buy it. I'm not fussy).  Put a chunk in your nice clean hand, and flatten it out a bit. Place an Oreo in the middle, and cover with another chunk of dough, flattening them out and forming a casing for the Oreo.  Bake.  Eat.  Die of happiness.

One of my friends said she didn't like Oreos (oh, the horror!), but I'm flexible.  For her, I made chocolate-cookie-dough-covered Nutter Butters.    Oh yeah.   Good.

EllenS

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »
My fave kind of cookie generally is chocolate chip, but few store-bought options please me - I like them really gooey chewey.

Anna's Thins are awesome- they come in ginger, almond, lemon....yum. Also Archway molasses or old-fashioned oatmeal cookies. 

Has nobody mentioned Girl Scout cookies? Tagalongs are like a bad boyfriend - they always make me forget now cheap and awful I feel afterwards...

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »
Oreos are one of my favorites, and the other is the local store-brand molasses cookie.  I rarely buy them, because once the package is open, they're gone.  I have no restraint whatsoever.

So...a couple of years ago I found a recipe for chocolate-chip-cookies-covered Oreos.  Tried them, and thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Make chocolate chip cookie dough (or buy it. I'm not fussy).  Put a chunk in your nice clean hand, and flatten it out a bit. Place an Oreo in the middle, and cover with another chunk of dough, flattening them out and forming a casing for the Oreo.  Bake.  Eat.  Die of happiness.

One of my friends said she didn't like Oreos (oh, the horror!), but I'm flexible.  For her, I made chocolate-cookie-dough-covered Nutter Butters.    Oh yeah.   Good.

You are evil, but I think I love you.  ;)

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »
Milano cookies, either dark or milk chocolate   :D
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Mikayla

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2013, 05:15:00 PM »
Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Cheesecake.  (This was seasonal).  They also have Dark Chocolate Cheesecake.  Best store bought I've ever eaten.

Second to that is Archway Molasses.