Author Topic: Favorite store-bought cookies  (Read 7138 times)

alkira6

Re: Favorite store-bought cookies
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2013, 06:01:52 PM »
Maddy's Sweet Shop lemon shortbread.Nom!  ;D

Miss Tickle

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2013, 05:02:19 PM »
Nabisco vanilla wafers are my favorites, along with a peanut butter version made by a different company (sorry, can't remember which).  I also like Oreos and Archway macaroons, and Peppereidge Farm  Chess Men. 

I haven't bought any of the above for years because I can and will eat the whole package in one afternoon if I've got it in the house.  It's too bad you can't buy just one commercial cookie at a time....

One experience with a Costco box of Oreos was enough to stop me as well.   

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2013, 06:26:34 PM »
I love love love the Archway lemon cookies.  They're a fun kind of shape (square, with scallops around the edges), and the lemon frosting is just divine.  My mom and I used to buy a package of them and eat them throughout the day as we did our errands on the weekend.  Good times!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2013, 09:10:06 PM »
You guys are making me REALLY want cookies...
"After all this time?"
"Always."

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2013, 09:22:41 PM »
Entemenns Chocolate chip cookies.  I have tasted tons of homemade, bakery style, award winning cookies.  But I always go back to Entemenns.  In fact I remember buying some cookies at a bake sale and commenting they taste as good as Entemenns and asked for the recipe.  The mom sheepishly whispered they were store bought.  ;D

You must have missed my thread a couple years ago on how someone said this to me about my homemade cookies, and my boss started laughing, as did I, because we both felt that it's not exactly the best compliment to say "your homemade cookies taste like store-bought mass-bakery ones." Heartfelt, of course, and I understand the sentiment and his intent to compliment, but just a suggestion: If you really think someone made their cookies themselves, it might not be the highest praise to tell them this.

But I will say, I do like Entenmann's chocolate-chip cookies very much. There are the ONLY version of store-bought chocolate-chip cookies that I will eat. (but mine were lightyears better)

This made me laugh:
The only store-bought cookie I like are sugar wafers. These things: http://www.cookiemadness.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/sugar-wafers-hill-country.jpg

They're fake and awful and I love them.

Me, too!

Sedorna

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2013, 10:10:32 AM »
I loved Pepperidge Farm Chantilly cookies, but they don't seem to make that anymore.

I love Girl Scout cookies, especially Thin Mints and Samoas. Oh, and Trader Joe's Lemon Crisp cookies. Though I wish they made a variety without the chocolate.

And, for some local (to me, I'm from Baltimore) cookies, I have to give a shout-out to both Berger cookies and Otterbein's.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2013, 11:19:26 AM »
I loved Pepperidge Farm Chantilly cookies, but they don't seem to make that anymore.

I love Girl Scout cookies, especially Thin Mints and Samoas. Oh, and Trader Joe's Lemon Crisp cookies. Though I wish they made a variety without the chocolate.

And, for some local (to me, I'm from Baltimore) cookies, I have to give a shout-out to both Berger cookies and Otterbein's.

Bergers!!  Often my dilemma is Bergers or Brownies

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2013, 11:41:43 AM »
Oreos are one of my favorites, and the other is the local store-brand molasses cookie.  I rarely buy them, because once the package is open, they're gone.  I have no restraint whatsoever.

So...a couple of years ago I found a recipe for chocolate-chip-cookies-covered Oreos.  Tried them, and thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Make chocolate chip cookie dough (or buy it. I'm not fussy).  Put a chunk in your nice clean hand, and flatten it out a bit. Place an Oreo in the middle, and cover with another chunk of dough, flattening them out and forming a casing for the Oreo.  Bake.  Eat.  Die of happiness.

One of my friends said she didn't like Oreos (oh, the horror!), but I'm flexible.  For her, I made chocolate-cookie-dough-covered Nutter Butters.    Oh yeah.   Good.

You are evil, but I think I love you.  ;)
;D

bloo

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »
Oreos are one of my favorites, and the other is the local store-brand molasses cookie.  I rarely buy them, because once the package is open, they're gone.  I have no restraint whatsoever.

So...a couple of years ago I found a recipe for chocolate-chip-cookies-covered Oreos.  Tried them, and thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Make chocolate chip cookie dough (or buy it. I'm not fussy).  Put a chunk in your nice clean hand, and flatten it out a bit. Place an Oreo in the middle, and cover with another chunk of dough, flattening them out and forming a casing for the Oreo.  Bake.  Eat.  Die of happiness.

One of my friends said she didn't like Oreos (oh, the horror!), but I'm flexible.  For her, I made chocolate-cookie-dough-covered Nutter Butters.    Oh yeah.   Good.

That sounds amazing! May I ask...at what temperature and how long did you bake it at?

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2013, 01:31:24 PM »

That sounds amazing! May I ask...at what temperature and how long did you bake it at?

At 375 degrees F, for 9-13 minutes.  Keep checking to see. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2013, 02:00:47 PM »
Brussels & Bordeaux cookies made by Pepperidge Farm
Dark Chocolate Almond Sandies made by Keebler
Lemon Creme cookies by Dare
Chocolate dipped mint cookies Moravian

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2013, 02:52:33 PM »
Pepperidge Farm Mint Brussels. Unfortunately they no longer seem to be made.  :(
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2013, 03:34:27 PM »
Not good for a kiwi to confess to, but timtams.  Never met one I didn't like.
My DD and I became addicted to TimTams. We were so happy once we were able to buy them seasonally in the States. Now DD gets 8 boxes for Christmas each year and "might" give me one.

My favorites are Fig Newtons, Pepperidge Farm Brussels, and Nutter Butters.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »
Pepperidge Farm Mint Brussels. Unfortunately they no longer seem to be made.  :(

I know I saw them around Christmas 2012.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2013, 06:28:51 PM »
I've never been big on cookies. 

I really only ever liked Fig Newtons and Lorna Doones.  I know I mystify people because I don't like Chip Ahoy, Oreos, Pepperidge Farm, Keebler...I'm just not a sweets fan.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah