Author Topic: Favorite store-bought cookies  (Read 6814 times)

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
Re: Favorite store-bought cookies
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »
McDonald's used to sell McDonaldLand Cookies.They were like Animal Crackers but better (IMO). When I was a teenager I LOVED them with Diet Coke (yuk now).

You must be my long lost twin! :) I so loved those cookies with a coke (reg or diet); I thought I was the only one!

As to other cookies...sugar. i've never met a sugar cookie that I just didn't love. (wanders off looking for a cookie....)
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2013, 09:06:39 AM »
Pepperidge Farm Mint Brussels. Unfortunately they no longer seem to be made.  :(

I know I saw them around Christmas 2012.

I went to the store yesterday and looked--10 (TEN!) kinds of Milano cookies, and just plain Brussels. Sadness.

alkira6

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2013, 09:42:28 AM »
McDonald's used to sell McDonaldLand Cookies.They were like Animal Crackers but better (IMO). When I was a teenager I LOVED them with Diet Coke (yuk now).

You must be my long lost twin! :) I so loved those cookies with a coke (reg or diet); I thought I was the only one!

As to other cookies...sugar. i've never met a sugar cookie that I just didn't love. (wanders off looking for a cookie....)

Barnum's animal crackers taste the same. I love to eat a handful with a coke.

bloo

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »

Barnum's animal crackers taste the same. I love to eat a handful with a coke.

Haha! Triplets!  :) As an aside: I dislike diet pop now but would still love those cookies with a regular one!

Oreos are one of my favorites, and the other is the local store-brand molasses cookie.  I rarely buy them, because once the package is open, they're gone.  I have no restraint whatsoever.

So...a couple of years ago I found a recipe for chocolate-chip-cookies-covered Oreos.  Tried them, and thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Make chocolate chip cookie dough (or buy it. I'm not fussy).  Put a chunk in your nice clean hand, and flatten it out a bit. Place an Oreo in the middle, and cover with another chunk of dough, flattening them out and forming a casing for the Oreo.  Bake.  Eat.  Die of happiness.

One of my friends said she didn't like Oreos (oh, the horror!), but I'm flexible.  For her, I made chocolate-cookie-dough-covered Nutter Butters.    Oh yeah.   Good.

That sounds amazing! May I ask...at what temperature and how long did you bake it at?

At 375 degrees F, for 9-13 minutes.  Keep checking to see. 

Thx so much, LadyJane, I'm going to try it!

bloo

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2013, 10:28:05 AM »
Off-topic -  my aunt used to put her home-made chocolate chip cookies in the freezer immediately to keep the kids from eating them. So, of course the kids pulled them out of the freezer and ate them frozen. (pre-microwave days.) One day, my cousin came home early, before the cookies had made it to the freezer. He grabbed one, took a bite, and shook his head. "Tastes wrong," he said, and put it in the freezer.

That is so stinkin' cute!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2013, 12:16:28 PM »
Any kind of shortbread; I prefer Walkers but some store brands are just as good.

Trader Joes Candy Cane Jo Jos'. I buy and hoard them as they are only available at the holidays. I brought 4 boxes back from my mom's at Christmas and still have 2 left. They're probably getting stale but I don't care.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2013, 12:39:47 PM »
Chips Ahoy Chunky
Chips Ahoy with Peanut Butter Cups
Pecan Sandies
Pepperidge Farm Verona

;D  ;D

This is what I came here to say.
Also, Chips Ahoy with white chocolate.
And Target makes a very good chewy chocolate chip (only chewy I've ever had that I didn't think tasted like Play-Doh)

heartmug

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2013, 01:56:41 PM »

Trader Joes Candy Cane Jo Jos'. I buy and hoard them as they are only available at the holidays. I brought 4 boxes back from my mom's at Christmas and still have 2 left. They're probably getting stale but I don't care.

I forgot about those!  I have gotten so many people hooked on those.  ;D

Dunked in a hot cup of tea:  yum!
The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that lightening isn't distributed right.  - Mark Twain

bloo

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »

I forgot about those!  I have gotten so many people hooked on those.  ;D

Dunked in a hot cup of tea:  yum!

Okay, I've been delaying checking out Trader Joe's, but because of both your posts, I googled them and my mouth is watering at what I see:

oreo-like cookie?
chocolate?
crushed peppermints?

Sounds like heaven to me. I WILL be going to TJ's this x-mas season for those alone!

veronaz

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2013, 03:42:15 PM »
Just tried "Grandma's" peanut butter cookies.  Quite tasty.  Soft and chewy.  I grabbed a pack at the corner convenience store/gas station.  Two cookies in a pack for 99 cents.  Haven't seen them at grocery stores in a larger pack.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2013, 05:49:35 PM »
My coworker and I share a deep and abiding love for those cookies from the bakery that are weirdly bland with brightly colored frosting and a vague chemical aftertaste. We bring them in for each other for stressful weeks or thank yous. We rarely finish a box: we get half way through, get disgusted by the taste and swear we're never doing it again. A month later, those cookies reappear in our office.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2013, 07:02:21 PM »
I love Tim Tams, caramel crowns and iced vo vos.

And I prefer Delta Creams over Oreos as they're the same kind but better. Thicker biscuit, more cream.

snowfire

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »
Costco has a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie that is just delicious.

P.S. I'm going to try the wrapped Oreos or Nutter Butters...... ;D

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2013, 11:19:41 PM »
I just ate half a box of Bergers while watching Mad Men.  They are great with wine :D

Specky

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2013, 11:51:30 PM »
Archway Molasses
Archway Lemon
Newman's Own Arrowroot

Though, having to go gluten-free ended all that for me.