Author Topic: Guilty Pleasures  (Read 2732 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2013, 10:26:22 AM »
For an event like the Oscars or the Super Bowl we make a dinner of appetizers.  Spinach pies, Gorilla Nostrils(pigs in the blanket) and baked clams are standard. Of course, there's always a nice bottle of wine and something yummy like blood orange sorbet for dessert. 

It feels like playing with food and we enjoy that once in a while. 

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »
For an event like the Oscars or the Super Bowl we make a dinner of appetizers.  Spinach pies, Gorilla Nostrils(pigs in the blanket) and baked clams are standard. Of course, there's always a nice bottle of wine and something yummy like blood orange sorbet for dessert. 

hehehe - see my comment above! I like to do this on my birthday, when I sometimes will take 1/2 day, or when there's a "big"event on, like the Superbowl.  Great minds think alike!  For my birthday, part of my 1/2 day off is heading to the mall for my final Christmas shopping, which also involves a stop at the Cheesecake Factory for a slice of birthday cake. What? It's better than buying a WHOLE very expensive cake just for me!

*new*mommyagain36

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 11:40:02 AM »
Ghost Hunters on SyFy channel.  Jason Hawes is just ~sigh~ a major hottie in my book.  ;D

Real Housewives of New Jersey - only RHNJ, no other housewives will do.

Trashy Gossip mags, read only while waiting in line, never purchased.

Diet Coke and Mentos - I eat them at the same time and have yet to explode.
"Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything.  14% of people know that" - Homer Simpson

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »

My guilty pleasure is having my curiosity satisfied. Why are they called Gorilla Nostrils?  :D
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Lovemykids

• Formerly known as Lovemygirls
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 08:07:10 PM »
Peanut M&Ms. I wish I could have big bowls of them throughout the house.

I do not feel guilty about peanut M&Ms.  They have peanuts, and peanuts have protein, and vitamin E, and Omega something-or-another, so they are good for you.  Bonus if they are dark chocolate peanut M&Ms, because then you also have antioxidants and less sugar.  Probably shouldn't eat a whole large bag at once, though, because all of that healthy stuff might kill you.   ;)

Guilty Pleasures:

Ben and Jerry's New York Fudge Chunk ice cream

Ben and Jerry's New York Fudge Chunk ice cream on a warm brownie.  If I have to settle for vanilla, there better be hot fudge sauce involved. 

Bad disaster movies

Broiled Peeps (a seasonal guilty pleasure:  place a Peep on a graham cracker; broil until Peep is swollen and the head is toasted; top with another graham cracker.)

I'm comin' over to your house.  All these are right up my alley.  Especially the NY Super Fudge Chunk, which is my favorite ice cream ever.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »

My guilty pleasure is having my curiosity satisfied. Why are they called Gorilla Nostrils?  :D

I don't know, but it's local thing that's caught on among our friends.  I think we like it because it sounds gross.  The guy who introduced the term also calls crudités 'Crud-ites'. 

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 08:30:01 AM »
Put some quality chocolate chips like Ghiradelli in a coffee cup, say about 1/4 to 1/2 cup, depending on how much *ice cream* you are planning to eat.

Put 1 - 3 T of unsalted butter on top, depending on how thick you like your *hot fudge.*

Nuke a minute, and then by 1/2 minute or less increments, mixing the butter and the chocolate together by whipping it with a fork.  Use the fork after every microwaving.  Don't let it burn.

When the hot fudge boils up a bit, or is hot enough for you, pour it over some ice cream.  Vanilla ice cream is good, but coffee and coconut ice cream are super.  Maple walnut with hot fudge is divine.

Smaller amounts of butter in proportion to the chips makes a thicker sauce that stays warm longer on the ice cream. 

Greater amounts of butter in proportion to the chips may create a chocolate shell on the ice cream, similar in appearance to those from ice cream stands, but definitely more tasty.

I'm not sure if I want to throttle you or propose. Dear heavens that sounds amazing and I just happen to have a rather large stash of Ghiradelli chips in the cupboard thanks to a recent trip to Costco.

I got this recipe from a friend, and like you, I'm not sure whether to thank her or curse her for it:

Take one large croissant, and cut it in half, and put in the toaster.  Toast.
Meanwhile, take out a sheet of foil and a large handful of chocolate chips.   
The second the toaster beeps, grab that croissant, throw the chocolate chips on it, and wrap it up in the foil.

A few minutes later, you'll have a fresh warm chocolate croissant.