Author Topic: Need some iPhone help, please!  (Read 630 times)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
Need some iPhone help, please!
« on: March 27, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »
So, I have an iPhone 3GS ( I know, get with the times, GEH) and when I recently updated both iTunes and the iOS, all my music on my phone vanished.  With this new version of iTunes, I can NOT figure out how to get my music back!  All the tutorials and information I find on Google are telling me to click on stuff that doesn't exist (WHAT SUMMARY FIELD?? AARRGHHH!!!!) and I'm about ready to pitch my phone out the window.  Can someone who knows how to use the new iTunes help?  Autofill apparently no longer exists!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
Re: Need some iPhone help, please!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 11:47:53 PM »
Have you backed up your phone to iCloud or a PC?  If so, next time you sync it, it should restore all your music.

I've just been looking at the new iTunes, and once you connect your phone to the PC, open iTunes if it doesn't automatically start, up on the top right a selection appears for 'iPhone', click this, it should open the phone options, and a summary field will appear.  This is where you can sort your backups and syncs.  You can also click on the Music field, and it will show you what music is on your phone.

Updating iTunes and the iOS shouldn't wipe anything, unless you've somehow selected a full restore.

Good luck!

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 03:04:49 AM »
Agree, you need to Sync your phone with your backup.  Once you do that, your previous settings will reappear.

GreenHall

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 09:44:58 AM »
No help, but commiseration.  I recently had to upgrade to iTunes 11(new device), and I just realized it lost my entire library.  Google results indicate it is not just me. (And then my internet decided to think about whether it would open results, and I gave up for the night.)

Adding interest is that I did NOT lose my library immediately upon upgrade because my new devices have my new music, it seems to have happened when I had to reboot?

laceandbits

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 02:13:13 PM »
Me too.

Whe I upgraded to 4 they said they could move my address book across from one phone to the other, so I could use the new phone immediately.  After quite a while they came back and said they couldn't do it as it was telling them there were 17,000 addresses(!) and they didn't think that could be right, so they hadn't done anything.  Wrong.  They didn't check it had been recently synced and I lost all the adresses since the last sync which had been some time previously.  The reason for this is below - any ideas anyone?

Some while ago I downloaded four free National Geographic videos from iTunes, then realised what an enormous amount of memory they were using (too much for them to even download completely) and ever since have been trying to delete them.  I think I finally got rid of them from the new phone, but every time I open iTunes there they are trying to download again.  I have right click/deleted them from iTunes but they still pop up every time I open it.  And if I try to sync my phone or download any upgrades, iTunes tries to download these videos before it will do anything else and there they are back on my phone again (which is why the old phone hadn't been synced in a while).  How do I permanently sever all connections between my iTunes and these videos.