Author Topic: How to tell them it's discriminatory?  (Read 3912 times)

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
Re: How to tell them it's discriminatory?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 02:40:10 PM »
OP, Iím all for fighting discrimination.  However, my advice is to pick your battles carefully.  Is this the hill you want to die on (figuratively speaking)?

I am not sure how being possibly left to die in case of a fire is something not to fight? Worst case scenario she has to stay behind until everyone else leaves the building and ends ups succumbing to the smoke and dying.

Or, take the shoes off.

Honestly - this is one of the few cases where I see the need to fight the battle. It sets a really bad precedent and I wouldn't even bother going to the boss - I would go straight to whatever government agency oversees it. This is something so wrong that it shouldn't be swept under the rug because you can find a way around it. Plus - in a real emergency you might not want to take your shoes off because there could be glass or other sharp things or the ground is hot and you don't want to step on them.

reflection5

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 02:53:04 PM »
Slip high heels off (if I was wearing them) and get a cut in my foot IF there was glass on the floor vs dying:  I still would choose to remove the shoes.

I understand your position; I just don't agree with it in this particular case.

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 02:59:42 PM »
Slip high heels off (if I was wearing them) and get a cut in my foot IF there was glass on the floor vs dying:  I still would choose to remove the shoes.

I understand your position; I just don't agree with it in this particular case.

yeah - I would definitely take my shoes off over dying. But I don't think that I should be making that choice at all! I am just surprised that someone would see something with such huge repercussions as not worth fighting over.