General Etiquette > Life...in general

Returning containers.

<< < (2/4) > >>

MorgnsGrl:
I would buy some inexpensive plastic ones and bring them. If she comments on them being different from the ones she gave you, feign ignorance and say that you end up with so many and you can't keep track of which ones come from where, so you just brought these.

SiotehCat:

--- Quote from: rose red on March 29, 2013, 08:39:01 PM ---You said you can't speak to her before Sunday, but does she check her email daily so that you can ask that way?

--- End quote ---

No. My In Laws don't use email except for work. They also don't have cell phones.

Harriet Jones:
I'd just get some of the Gladware containers, equivalent to what you recycled.  Personally, though, if I give someone food in something like that, I wouldn't expect it back.

You could also bring the Pyrex for *your* leftovers.

JenJay:

--- Quote from: Harriet Jones on March 29, 2013, 09:23:34 PM ---I'd just get some of the Gladware containers, equivalent to what you recycled.  Personally, though, if I give someone food in something like that, I wouldn't expect it back.

You could also bring the Pyrex for *your* leftovers.

--- End quote ---

I missed that you wouldn't have a chance to talk to her before Sunday. I agree with the bolded.

TootsNYC:

--- Quote from: SiotehCat on March 29, 2013, 07:26:46 PM ---
MIL issued the usual Easter invitation this year and we have accepted. Dinner is Sunday. We received an email yesterday asking us to bring back the containers. We don't have the containers.

I did buy a new set of pyrex food storage containers.

We wont get a chance to speak to Mil before Sunday. I am sure that she wants us to bring the containers back to use them for our leftovers, but there is the slight chance that she just wants her plastic containers back.

--- End quote ---

I don't understand quite why you haven't already emailed her back to say, "I'm sorry--I didn't hold onto those containers, so I don't have any."

I think you can certain bring your own containers and then you can use that to limit how much food she sends back with you.

(can you freeze stuff? can she?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version