In December I booked a trip for my husband and I for early April, at this time I asked my Mother & Step Father if they could watch one of my dogs, my mom assured me it would not be a problem.
I confirmed about 3 weeks ago that they were still taking her. At the time my mother put a down payment on a puppy that she is going to pick up next week. I confirmed twice since she put the deposit down that she would still be able to take my dog, she told me it wouldn't be a problem.
I called them today to let them know what time I will be there next week to drop my dog off, to which my step father replies, we discussed it and decided we cannot take your dog. I told him I guess I can try and find someone else to take her...he asked why my real father couldnt take her? (he doesn't have a fenced yard and she will run away, he is taking my one dog that wont run away though. my father doesn't believe in tying dogs up, and will not tie her up no matter how much I ask, so to be safe I don't leave her there) I replied that It wouldn't work but I guess I can try and find someone else, he then said something about it not really being his problem and they got a new puppy so they aren't watching my dog. I was upset, I didnt really say much else and ended the call a few minutes later.
Do I have a right to be mad? Should I say something to my mother about how they left me in a really tough situation with a week before my holidays?
If they would have told me weeks ago when I asked I could have found a reputible dog sitter or kennel, but with it being a long weekend and having to work all week I dont know what I am going to do.