News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 30, 2017, 07:39:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread  (Read 2052297 times)

Slartibartfast

• Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
Re: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread
« Reply #12165 on: April 26, 2017, 09:35:43 PM »
Just got a call from AT&T (whom we have our landline and internet through). The rep was calling to ask me whether our services were working. On the line that wouldn't have been able to through if the internet was down.  ::) ::) ::)

JoW

« Reply #12166 on: April 27, 2017, 07:45:58 AM »
Slartibartfast - You answering gave the AT&T rep the information they needed.  If the line had been down you wouldn't have been able to answer and they would know the line was down. 

Slartibartfast

• Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #12167 on: April 27, 2017, 10:42:54 AM »
Slartibartfast - You answering gave the AT&T rep the information they needed.  If the line had been down you wouldn't have been able to answer and they would know the line was down.

I know, but every time I've had to call tech support they've been able to check from their end whether our router is responding or not. The phone call was completely unnecessary.