News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 12, 2017, 02:18:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Finding a seamstress  (Read 2090 times)

oogyda

Re: Finding a seamstress
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 09:44:36 PM »
I was also going to suggest contacting a custom curtain place if the fabric isn't too heavy. If it's pretty thick, you might try searching for industrial custom sewing.

I was friends with a woman who made custom curtain and draperies for a few local interior designers.  In an odd turn of events, we had opportunity to work on some non-drapery pieces and used her shop, so I have a little inside information on this.  Drapery material is often very thick and heavy.  Believe me, her machines could handle anything from the heaviest tapestry to the very sheerest of fabrics.

All that is a long way of saying....maybe contact an interior designer or two for information on local drapery makers.
It's not what we gather along the way that matters.  It's what we scatter.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 10:19:52 PM »
I was also going to suggest contacting a custom curtain place if the fabric isn't too heavy. If it's pretty thick, you might try searching for industrial custom sewing.

I was friends with a woman who made custom curtain and draperies for a few local interior designers.  In an odd turn of events, we had opportunity to work on some non-drapery pieces and used her shop, so I have a little inside information on this.  Drapery material is often very thick and heavy.  Believe me, her machines could handle anything from the heaviest tapestry to the very sheerest of fabrics.

All that is a long way of saying....maybe contact an interior designer or two for information on local drapery makers.

Heh, yes. I've worked with coated curtain fabric that was like wrestling cardboard!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

PastryGoddess

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 10:30:42 PM »
OP, if Carroll County, Maryland is convenient to you, I can PM you the FB page of the in-demand seamstress in my area.

Yup, that's close enough. 

PastryGoddess

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 07:59:31 AM »
OP, if Carroll County, Maryland is convenient to you, I can PM you the FB page of the in-demand seamstress in my area.

Yup, that's close enough.

I'm a seamstress and I think I'm relatively local to  you, and I have a habit of taking on challenges. 

hmmmmm  Lets PM

Lynda_34

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 02:21:17 AM »
Posting to ask for a follow up.