Author Topic: Would you buy this? New inventions . . .  (Read 793 times)

SoCalVal

Re: Would you buy this? New inventions . . .
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 12:01:48 PM »
I want Tiles...they are tiny about scrabble letter tile sized GPS which can be attached to anything.  You can then use your phone to find the tiles (the tiles attached to your keys for example or stolen bike) the apps lets other tiles users find your lost/stolen items too.

I like this idea (especially since our house was burglarized -- I'd go around adding those to everything of value at our house that could reasonably have these attached -- like the Wii I bought to replace the one stolen or our bicycles where they wouldn't be easily/quickly detected, like in the frame).

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: Would you buy this? New inventions . . .
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 05:27:21 PM »
I remember someone thirty years ago using their business cards to put inside bike frames and dropping inside the door of their new car (just slipped it past the rubber weather on the inside window). 

Sticky return address labels - the smaller clear ones that you can get a couple of hundred in an office supply store and print yourself - might also work.  Or use a permanent marker or engraver inside a battery compartment....very carefully.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?