Author Topic: Fair, carnival, festival food  (Read 3269 times)

gmatoy

Re: Fair, carnival, festival food
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2013, 08:30:44 PM »
About 15 years ago, I worked at our local fair. I made Crusty pups. Similar to corn dogs, but with a different and, in my opinion, better batter. I am proud to say that I know how to cook the dogs, but only the Sales family knows the recipe for the batter! They are quite good.

Also, a tradition in our family is to eat at least one scone while at the fair. There is an overhead ride thing that takes you from one part of the fair across to the other side and there is a "no eating" sign. You've guessed it , I'm sure: We always buy the scones and eat them on the ride. ;) My grown daughter remembers that "rule breaking" as one of the best memories of her childhood!

zyrs

• spiffily male.
Re: Fair, carnival, festival food
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2013, 12:49:25 AM »
About 15 years ago, I worked at our local fair. I made Crusty pups. Similar to corn dogs, but with a different and, in my opinion, better batter. I am proud to say that I know how to cook the dogs, but only the Sales family knows the recipe for the batter! They are quite good.

Also, a tradition in our family is to eat at least one scone while at the fair. There is an overhead ride thing that takes you from one part of the fair across to the other side and there is a "no eating" sign. You've guessed it , I'm sure: We always buy the scones and eat them on the ride. ;) My grown daughter remembers that "rule breaking" as one of the best memories of her childhood!

Do the Puyallup

I was just going to sing the praises of Krusty Pups and my wife loves the scones.