A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Cheapskate stories

<< < (215/278) > >>

Shalamar:
I think I've mentioned him before, but I have a coworker who took four years to do his inground pool himself.   FOUR YEARS!   And he can't stop bragging about how much money he saved.  'Kay.

veronaz:
(Hope it's okay to revive this thread)

Heard this one today:

Man and woman ordered cold drinks at inside counter of a fast food place.  At the self-serve condiment area they took a huge bunch of napkins, handfuls of sugar packets, and the woman looked around quickly and took an empty plastic container from her purse and filled it with ketchup from the pump.  Then they drove away in a fancy car.

RegionMom:
DH came home from work with a bit of "news" he had jsut heard- if you want to imbibe, eat yeast before going out so you will get less buzzed!

I just looked at him, and told him that I learned that 20 years ago, when I saw girls back freshman year in college eating lots of bread before going out to party that night, "so the beer would absorb better."

had to be the same idea.

My response back then, and now, as a non-drinker (tastes yucky to me, have been to wine tastings, oh well) was, "why would you want LESS effect?  I would want my money's worth and to feel the alcohol!"

I have saved lots of money by not drinking.  :)

PastryGoddess:

--- Quote from: RegionMom on April 25, 2014, 08:14:42 PM ---DH came home from work with a bit of "news" he had jsut heard- if you want to imbibe, eat yeast before going out so you will get less buzzed!

I just looked at him, and told him that I learned that 20 years ago, when I saw girls back freshman year in college eating lots of bread before going out to party that night, "so the beer would absorb better."

--- End quote ---

Well those two are very different things.  The yeast in bread is dead, it's killed off in the heating and fermentation process.  Active yeast is alive.  I know that yeast dies around 14% alcohol, not sure if stomach acid is strong enough to kill it though

doodlemor:

--- Quote from: RegionMom on April 25, 2014, 08:14:42 PM ---DH came home from work with a bit of "news" he had jsut heard- if you want to imbibe, eat yeast before going out so you will get less buzzed!

had to be the same idea.

My response back then, and now, as a non-drinker (tastes yucky to me, have been to wine tastings, oh well) was, "why would you want LESS effect?  I would want my money's worth and to feel the alcohol!"

I have saved lots of money by not drinking.  :)

--- End quote ---

Just love your sense of humor, RegionMom.  You're so right, too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version