Author Topic: Remember - Buy The Leftover Chocolate Bunnies on April 1!  (Read 626 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Remember - Buy The Leftover Chocolate Bunnies on April 1!
« on: March 31, 2013, 04:54:11 PM »
The timing is perfect this year - the leftover Easter bunnies go on sale April 1 at clearance prices!

To really make it perfect for ME - my mother has her birthday on April Fools' Day (no one believes her when she tells them how old she is - because it is, after all, April 1)!

But I'm not sure about buying a bunch of hollow chocolate bunnies for a non-drinker....maybe a solid one or two.....but Snarky and Evil plan to hoard some hollow ones, if at all possible.  Their idea of hoarding means that I can't find them - because they are reduced to chocolate crumbs.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Erich L-ster

Re: Remember - Buy The Leftover Chocolate Bunnies on April 1!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 06:18:10 PM »
I'm obviously missing something here.....they drink alcohol out of chocolate bunnies?

Iris

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 06:21:52 PM »
Although I''ve never had one, Bunny Foo-foos are often discussed by some members of ehell. I believe they are correctly drunk from a chocolate bunny. Sounds like a fun idea.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 06:27:56 PM »
I have leave... I will be stockpiling like crazy!
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 07:09:38 PM »
The Bunny FooFoo was "invented" here (modestly downcast eyes) and has proven to be a great way to relieve the tension from rude relatives, houseguests, and general life......bust the ears off and eat them while filling the hollow bunny with your choice (milk, Coca Cola, and Kahlua is the classic Bunny FooFoo).

An almond or hazelnut liqueur with milk makes it into a "Nutty Bunny".  White Russian inside a white chocolate snowman makes the ideal "Cavorting Snowwoman".

If you run out of hollow bunnies - smash a solid one into bits and eat the bits while sipping out of a glass.

Or pick up hollow chocolate figures from other holidays (cats, witches, Santa, hearts, snowmen, or eggs - whatever looks like it will hold your drink long enough to drink it and is white, milk, or dark chocolate).

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 07:14:44 PM »
If anyone finds a hollow chocolate dragon - Snarky and Evil want one very, very badly.  A Dragon FooFoo, as it were - or possibly a Medieval FooFoo (going to the Renn Faire really inspired them - we have a new outfit but no chalice).  But they only get to spend money from the Game of Life, Monopoly, and similar Milton Bradley games......I have REAL money, but not as much of it as they have gleaned from various games around the house.

I may just have to go with a BIG hollow chocolate egg and tell them that it is a dragon's egg......

Or look for a metal chalice......

Amara

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »
Thanks, VorFemee. I couldn't figure out what it was.

By the way, a hollow chocolate bunny/egg/etc. might also work well in this recipe:

Chocolate Martini:

INGREDIENTS:
White chocolate shavings, finely chopped
Milk chocolate shavings, finely chopped
Orange wedges
1 ounce chocolate liqueur
1 ounce white chocolate liqueur
1 ounce vanilla vodka
1 ounce chocolate vodka
1 ounce creme de cacao

Combine the chocolate shavings in a shallow dish. Wet the rims of chilled martini glasses with an orange wedge and dip in the chocolate shavings to coat. Pour the chocolate liqueur and remaining ingredients over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until cold and strain into the prepared glasses.