Author Topic: Just wondering  (Read 2140 times)

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
Re: Just wondering
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 01:05:52 AM »
I normally wash a dish if I'm already washing our own. However, that's with single guests/families, not multiples. If this was a family get together, I imagine that would be a ton of dishes to wash in addition to their own. If I had a messy dish to take home from something like this, I think I'd rinse the bits off myself quickly (if the sink was needed), or wash it entirely. It's nice to clean up other people's dishes, but I don't think it's an error not to.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

fountainsoflettuce

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »
You brought buns that still needed to be baked by the host?  Was this ok with the host?  I thought etiquette required that all dishes were to be fully prepared ahead of time so as to lessen the work and distraction for the host.

I would expect to bring home my dirty dishes.  The host is not required to clean them.  Again, the host has already has enough to do. 

LilacGirl1983

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 10:13:25 AM »
It was ok'd by the host since these buns had to rise and last time I cooked them before they were cold by the time and she commented they were cold..So this way she got hot buns with no work except sticking them in the oven which she had going anyways. As for left overs there were non except for the ones she ruined which she took them out of the pan and threw them way before handing me the pan..as for being washed I am not fussy about if they are in the dishwasher or hand washed..she does hand wash everything since she doesn't have a dishwasher..I was just curious..I wanted to see what others thought :)

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »
It sounds like there are several issues in this relationship, and the dishes are just the latest.
                www.ellenseltz.com