Author Topic: April Fool 2013 - post what you find here  (Read 1361 times)

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
April Fool 2013 - post what you find here
« on: April 01, 2013, 04:06:52 AM »
I opened my inbox today and found that my usability guru, Jaklob Nielson, had sent me an article on website usability for cats. http://www.nngroup.com/articles/mobile-usability-cats/

XKCD.com made me wait until the comic actually appeared. He did get me, I refreshed the page once. But then I waited. After all, it's XKCD, there's going to be a trick, right?

What have you found today that made you smile?

Nikko-chan

Re: April Fool 2013 - post what you find here
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 04:13:02 AM »
George Takei announced that he would be starring in the new star wars movie as Master Ceti Maru. Star trek fans might get the reference.

Iris

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 06:01:35 AM »
Google has launched Google Nose, that allows you to sniff scents through your computer.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Shotochick

• An Aussie Foodies Adventures Abroad
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 06:10:33 AM »
Virgin Atlantic have a glass bottomed plane for scenic flights

Take the Little Red scenic service to Aberdeen introducing the world's first glass bottom plane! http://virg.co/scenic
An Aussie Foodies Adventures Abroad: www.aussiefoodie.blogspot.com

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 07:17:45 AM »
You-tube has announced that it's shutting down to choose the world's best video.  The 'Onion' was involved which was a dead give-away. 

GMA had a story on the decoding of gorilla language. 

Does anyone know what the BBC is doing for April Fool's Day?  The Swiss spaghetti harvest is my pick for best AFD joke of all time. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:29:17 AM by Thipu1 »

scotcat60

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:50:43 AM »
Didn't watch BBC so afraid I can't tell you.

BMW took out an ad about a  pram they were (supposedly) making which was in Princess Pink, or Royal Blue, suitable for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridges expected issue. Aparently it includes a holder for the Royal standard. Contact Jo King at BMW for further information.

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 03:38:11 PM »
The Doctor Who FB Fan Page ran a story that they are retiring the blue police box for the TARDIS.   Hysteria ensued.
Auntie needs fuel, black coffee and a side car.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 08:19:55 PM »
Can I post a personal one?  My teammates thought it was hysterical!  My workplace is pretty casual in dress - we mostly wear jeans and t-shirts, but are expected to move up to business casual if we have clients in the office.  Usually an email is sent out a few days before to announce a visitor, but on occasion emails have gone out last minute.  A friend of mine from a previous team I worked on texted me really early on Monday to tell me that an email had gone out to everyone the previous Friday saying it was business casual for Monday.  He made it sound really good - just wanted to let me know, knows I work on a more high profile floor, etc.  I freak out, pull out some of my nice clothes, hurriedly change - I show up in business casual Monday morning...and it was all a fake!  :P  I was dressed really nicely too, so I totally stuck out for the entire day.  Like I said, my whole team thought it was a fantastic joke. 

Nikko-chan

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 08:24:05 PM »
The Doctor Who FB Fan Page ran a story that they are retiring the blue police box for the TARDIS.   Hysteria ensued.

Yeah but they posted it on the second. I was like... wait a minute... and I actually did a bit of digging and couldn't find it, and silently prayed it wasn't real. I even posted in the doctor who spoiler thread here to see if an ehellion could tell me anything!

Tashigi

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 10:57:15 PM »
HBO announced that Peter Dinklage was being replaced for the fourth season of Game of Thrones, which would include digitally transposing the new actor's face over Dinklage's in the first three seasons to maintain continuity.

The fan response was epic.

http://hbowatch.com/peter-dinklage-april-season-four/