Forum Administration > Forum Announcements

A way to ignore a specific poster?

(1/3) > >>

RebeccainGA:
Is there a way to block seeing a specific poster? There's someone that every single time they respond to anything I say is very directly personally attacking or confronting me, and while I've tried just ignoring them, it'd be nice to just not see what they are saying, since they are neither responding to anyone else nor saying anything that would elicit anything but an indignant response.

If not, perhaps in future? Just a thought?

SiotehCat:
There were talks about an ignore feature and a thread was even started about it, but a lot of people were against it. You could always just scroll past there posts. There is nothing stopping you from ignoring them now.

I also think it would be much more polite to send that person a private message and try to work out your problems that way. Instead of making a vague post about them where people can guess who you are talking about.

RebeccainGA:
I'm terribly sorry - if I don't want to directly get into a flame war (in private or not) with someone whose behavior is egregious enough that a third party could have seen and noticed it (and in case you thought I was talking about you, I apologize - I was absolutely not, and would have no reason to as far as I know) then I think that's my right - not every slight has to be fought over. I choose to avoid conflict with someone, in as dignified a manner as I can, and was simply inquiring if there was a more systemic way of doing so.

Thank you, though, for further making me uncomfortable. And for making me even less likely to keep coming back here.

SiotehCat:
I didn't think you were talking about me.

Also, PMing another poster to try and politely work out your differences doesn't need to result in a flame war. But if you are still uncomfortable with it, reporting their posts is an option. Also, the mods are very good at responding to PM's as well.

Moray:

--- Quote from: SiotehCat on April 02, 2013, 12:22:42 PM ---There were talks about an ignore feature and a thread was even started about it, but a lot of people were against it. You could always just scroll past there posts. There is nothing stopping you from ignoring them now.

I also think it would be much more polite to send that person a private message and try to work out your problems that way. Instead of making a vague post about them where people can guess who you are talking about.

--- End quote ---

Well stated. There's also the option of using the "report to moderator" feature if you feel personally attacked. If you simply feel disagreed with, or didn't anticipate the direction a thread would take, then scrolling past truly is the best option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version