News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• March 23, 2017, 09:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My fantasy world  (Read 9742 times)

Anyanka

Re: My fantasy world
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2017, 09:37:09 PM »
Any-one who talks about how easy it is to exist on any form of government assistance should be allowed to show us exactly how by following a few simple rules.

1) That is the only income you have for 3 months.

2) You live 3km(1.86 miles) from the nearest shop which is a small corner store.

3) You do not have a car and public transport is sporadic..say 1 bus every 2 hours between 7 am and 5 pm but you can only buy tickets in stores of which the corner store is one.

4) You have to show you have applied for one job every 2 days but you do not have access to the internet at home. Nor are you allowed a cell-phone.

5) the local library has free internet but need to be booked 7 days in advance, you are only allowed a 15 minute session per 7 day period. And the library is only open part-time.

I could go on but those who think living "off the gouvernment" is an easy route to riches sometimes do not understand how hard it is...

Even Vengence Demons have feelings

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2017, 09:16:10 AM »
When I am Queen of the Universe, LED headlights are banned. Large SUVs will also require a permit to own and drive, including the owners being required to prove they are capable of parking their oversized monstrosities in an average sized parking space. (Those who can prove they require their SUVs for work etc will be permitted to keep them provided they do not have LED headlights.)

It will also be compulsory for cyclists to wear hi-vis clothing. Any who are caught not wearing their mandatory hi-vis will have it stapled to them. (I am sick and tired of not noticing cyclists until it is almost too late, because they are invisible against the background of the road.)

Licorice is banned on pain of death  ;D

I was reading your post, thinking: "yes", "yes", "this so much", etc until I got to the bit where you went so wrong...

And the I was all: "NOOooooo!"

Are you sure you didn't mistype, and it should have said "Marmite"? ;) ;) ;D

Oh no!  She meant "coconut".  I love licorice, never had Marmite, but even the smell of coconut makes me want to ralph. 

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2017, 12:02:40 PM »
I wonder if there's some licorice gene that's makes people love it or hate it.  Like with cilantro.

And let's not wait for pedestrians and cyclists to do stupid things before we cover them in high-vis clothing.  That should be a normal safety requirement.  If they *still* do stupid things, we can spray-paint them.  Or tattoo.  Are there neon tattoos? 

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2017, 12:41:57 PM »
I wonder if there's some licorice gene that's makes people love it or hate it.  Like with cilantro.

And let's not wait for pedestrians and cyclists to do stupid things before we cover them in high-vis clothing.  That should be a normal safety requirement.  If they *still* do stupid things, we can spray-paint them.  Or tattoo.  Are there neon tattoos?

There are black light tattoos - otherwise barely or invisible tattoos that fluoresce under UV light.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2017, 12:42:07 PM »

There are glow in the dark tattoo ink, so why not neon?

You could move all your possessions by spinning around or waving a wand or something.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Chez Miriam

« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2017, 11:23:32 AM »

There are glow in the dark tattoo ink, so why not neon?

These would be perfect for the head-to-toe black-clad night joggers/cyclists-without-lights.  Give them a warning or two, and then cover the visible skin with tattoos.

My husband carries a torch (that he doesn't need) and the heavier rucksack (Scotchlite panel + piping) walking the 100 yards to his car from the train so that he can be seen in the dark.  I never understand why other people don't value their lives, but the glow-in-the-dark tattoos would save innocent car drivers from feeling guilty. :)
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich