News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• March 23, 2017, 03:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Secret Shopping  (Read 10799 times)

FauxFoodist

Re: Secret Shopping
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 04:07:35 AM »
Okay, I also have to say that, apparently, there are now smartphone (mostly iPhone) apps that are for mystery shopping.  I haven't done more than download the ones that people listed so I don't know how they work, but I'm all for making my phone a profitable device to have.

FauxFoodist

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 11:39:55 AM »
Just for entertainment -- stories of some mystery shopping experiences:

http://www.mysteryshoppermagazine.com/category/adventures-of-a-mystery-shopper/

emjo306

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 11:59:47 AM »
I do shops for MarketForce. I haven't had any problems with them. I find there's not a lot of variety in their shops in my area...tons of Five Guys and McDonald's. I've done a lot of Five Guys shops in the past, but it was getting a little hard on the waistline! Once I did a floral delivery shop where I got a nice bouquet and took pictures of it every other day for a week. The only shop I truly avoid is "hole counting" at the grocery store...you have to count every out of stock item in the store, going through every single area and aisle with a fine tooth comb. Took an hour and I got $10, a couple of free items and a headache for my troubles.

Kat66

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 01:26:48 PM »
Hi, newbie here. I realize this is an old thread, but I hope someone will be kind enough to answer anyway. Forgive me if this has already been addressed and I missed it, is anyone doing online mystery shopping, (as opposed to brick and mortar), and if so, do you have any advice for getting started? Thanks so much to anyone who can help me.

lorelai

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »
I think I'd be interested in restaurant mystery shopping. Are there any specific companies any of you would recommend if I wanted to specialize in that? Thanks!

FauxFoodist

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2017, 08:15:38 PM »
Hi, newbie here. I realize this is an old thread, but I hope someone will be kind enough to answer anyway. Forgive me if this has already been addressed and I missed it, is anyone doing online mystery shopping, (as opposed to brick and mortar), and if so, do you have any advice for getting started? Thanks so much to anyone who can help me.

Hi, Kat66; welcome to the forum!  The mods are really opposed to resurrecting threads with no post more recent than 120 days ago so prepare for the fact they'll likely lock this one.

So, while I can still offer this bit of advice, go to this site, http://www.mysteryshopforum.com/.  I've found it very useful to answer your questions regarding mystery shopping.

FauxFoodist

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2017, 08:20:51 PM »
I think I'd be interested in restaurant mystery shopping. Are there any specific companies any of you would recommend if I wanted to specialize in that? Thanks!

No, no recommendations.  It depends upon your area.  What one mystery shopping company has a particular restaurant chain as a client may not be the same for a different area.  Also, if you go to the forum I recommended, I wouldn't ask this question.  Mystery shoppers have a big issue with being asked which mystery shopping companies to recommend.  It is expected you find out by doing your own firsthand research; however, shoppers are pretty open to sharing which companies are pretty bad (such as Cirrus Marketing, I believe, but I could be wrong -- you have to fight them in order to get paid).  I haven't done any mystery shopping in about 1.5 years so I have no recommendations for good companies (what was a good company back then may not necessarily be a good company now). 

Kat66

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 06:49:39 PM »
Thank you so much FauxFoodist! I will check them out.

And thank you for the warning about old threads. My son, who, unlike me, has long experience with internet
forums, warned me that might be a problem, but it felt cheeky as a newbie to start a new thread on an old
topic. I promise not to further try the moderators' patience.

FauxFoodist

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 08:14:07 PM »
Thank you so much FauxFoodist! I will check them out.

And thank you for the warning about old threads. My son, who, unlike me, has long experience with internet
forums, warned me that might be a problem, but it felt cheeky as a newbie to start a new thread on an old
topic. I promise not to further try the moderators' patience.

Not cheeky at all!  The site warns you if you want to post to a thread that hasn't had a new post in over 120 days.  I've only seen two exceptions -- one was the OP who cleared it with the mods first since she was posting an update to the thread she originated; the other was a thread originated by the mod who posted to it after it hadn't been posted to in about a year.  Those are both unique exceptions I've seen.

I found the mystery shopping forum link I included to be really informative.  I don't think I ever found any mystery shopping that was online only, though, but, again, it's been 1.5 years since I've completed any shops so things might've changed.  There have been shops with online components, but there's always something in addition to that (usually in person but, sometimes, over the phone).