Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 637145 times)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #3315 on: September 30, 2014, 03:28:34 AM »
I got another call from "Microsoft" about my computer...at 10:45 p.m.  If someone's calling us that late, it better be an emergency.  I was still up, but that's ridiculous.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #3316 on: September 30, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
At that hour I'd be jolted awake from a heavy sleep, thinking in an adrenaline panic that someone must have died. Pseudo-Microsoft would be getting an earful out of fright alone.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #3317 on: September 30, 2014, 12:15:55 PM »
At that hour I'd be jolted awake from a heavy sleep, thinking in an adrenaline panic that someone must have died. Pseudo-Microsoft would be getting an earful out of fright alone.

Pod !  And not with eHell approved adjectives

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #3318 on: September 30, 2014, 04:34:38 PM »
Mr. Sirius said he never heard the phone ring. 

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #3319 on: Yesterday at 05:57:02 AM »
This morning I answered the phone and it was that horrible static you used to get on landlines when the wires were crossed and you would have other phone calls bleed over onto yours.

So through the static and all the other voices suddenly there is a voice louder than the static.  Unfortunately I have no idea what language they were speaking, but the cadence didn't seem to be English.  Of course with that static it's very hard to tell.  I told them they had a wrong number and hung up.

Looked the number up on the web to see if I should call back and hope for a better connection.  It turns out they are a scam outfit that tries to get your financial information by telling you you are getting reimbursed for a surgery.  I can only hope the phone call sounded as bad for them as it did for me.

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #3320 on: Yesterday at 12:16:55 PM »
Someone has fun with a text message scammer. Language warning--although the offensive word is blacked out, it's obvious what it is.

http://www.tickld.com/x/the-best-text-reply-ever-this-is-gold

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

heartmug

« Reply #3321 on: Yesterday at 12:58:48 PM »
Someone has fun with a text message scammer. Language warning--although the offensive word is blacked out, it's obvious what it is.

LOL LOL LOL!  Thanks for linking that.
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #3322 on: Yesterday at 02:10:17 PM »
Oh, my goodness! That is brilliant.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #3323 on: Yesterday at 02:17:59 PM »
Oh, my goodness! That is brilliant.

Great, now I have to pick myself up off the floor again.  That's hilarious, creative and vengeful.

deadbody

« Reply #3324 on: Yesterday at 02:21:59 PM »

I am crying I am laughing so hard right now.  Naughty Otters is my new favorite thing.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #3325 on: Yesterday at 02:24:14 PM »
I love:

NO

You replied NO PROBLEM!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Mergatroyd

« Reply #3326 on: Yesterday at 02:56:55 PM »
LMAO over here.

PlainJane

« Reply #3327 on: Yesterday at 05:59:35 PM »
Here, too!

Rockie

« Reply #3328 on: Yesterday at 10:24:37 PM »
Just got this in my inbox:

im Faith Mason 78yrs old from United Kingdom, affected with cancer of the breast.My condition is really deteriorating and is quite obvious that I may not live more than 3 weeks,because the cancer stage has gotten its 3rd stage. After my Doc Notice ,i have decided to divide part of my fortune,by contributing to the Charities & Motherless. I am willing to donate the sum of $3,500,000.00 to the poor through you.Can you help me?

Goog

« Reply #3329 on: Today at 12:12:15 AM »
I used to work on a help desk.  We took primarily inside calls, but we had a few satellite locations with programmers or other staff, and they would come in on the outside line.  The outside line rang, and I answered it with my usual "Help Desk, this is Goog" greeting. 

The person confirmed my name, and then asked me: "Will you talk dirty to me while I stroke my (#*$^)?"  (think nickname for Richard).

I just stared at the phone after my jaw dropped down to the ground.  Then I hit the disconnect button and died laughing.  SO unexpected! My coworkers asked what was up and I told them I got an obscene call; I could barely tell them what b/c I was still laughing.