Author Topic: What's for Breakfast? ............. (a spin-off of "What's for Dinner")  (Read 175 times)

Amara

This morning, Sunday, I had a guest over so I upped my usual breakfast a bit. We each had two eggs over easy. He had two pork sausages, I had one slice of bacon (bought at WF). We each had a small glass of diluted sour cherry juice, milk (almond for him, regular for me), sliced tomatoes, and corn on the cob.

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
Still in the hospital but the food here is so good.

Breakfast sandwich of: English muffin, egg, cheese, tomatoes, bacon, and onions. Fresh hash browns,  cranberry juice and applesauce.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
I needed some carbs this morning after a little overindulgence in a bottle of red wine last night, so made myself a cheese & bacon pizza, using that "two-ingredient pizza dough" that everyone is talking about.

It wasn't bad.  Not like yeast dough, but quick and easy.  And carby.

The Wild One, Forever

Coffee.  Lots and lots of coffee.  (I need to make a habit of eating breakfast on a regular basis, but in the morning, coffee is all I really want.) 
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

Peppergirl

This is sorta breakfast, so I'll share.  I'm not a big breakfast person which I know is bad for me, but there you have it.

Also, I'm going to be as big as a house if I don't clamp down on this recent habit:

In Keurig, I run one pod of hot cocoa on small setting.  Then on top of it (in same cup), I run I pod of hazelnut coffee over it also on small setting. Stir, then add a bit of half-and-half and stir again. 

If I do say so myself, it tastes better than some of the Mochas I've gotten in the pricey coffee houses.  ;D

Cherry91

One of my favourite breakfast dishes is what I call "sloppy scramble*" - pan made scrambled eggs mixed with baked beans while the egg is still cooking. The sauce from the beans mixes with the egg and stops it going rubbery in the way scrambled eggs often do. I sometimes mix in a bit of butter or cheese as well. It's great because it's full of protein, so it sets you up rally well for a long day.

*I have no idea if there's a more common name for it than that, looking it up didn't show me anything.

MOM21SON

Has anyone tried the baked eggs in a muffin tin?  I saw it on FB, but haven't tried it.  Reviews?

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
Has anyone tried the baked eggs in a muffin tin?  I saw it on FB, but haven't tried it.  Reviews?
Went to a party where ham and eggs w/cheese were done in a muffin tin. Dang were they good on fresh toasted biscuits.

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
At home, I usually eat:

- pancake with honey
- cheese
- almond butter
- fruit juice
I have pet mice!

dawnfire

this morning it was bacon and egg sandwiches and decafe coffee

POF

This is sorta breakfast, so I'll share.  I'm not a big breakfast person which I know is bad for me, but there you have it.

Also, I'm going to be as big as a house if I don't clamp down on this recent habit:

In Keurig, I run one pod of hot cocoa on small setting.  Then on top of it (in same cup), I run I pod of hazelnut coffee over it also on small setting. Stir, then add a bit of half-and-half and stir again. 

If I do say so myself, it tastes better than some of the Mochas I've gotten in the pricey coffee houses.  ;D

I have been doing the same thing - but I use a sugarfree swiss miss packet in the mug, and then run a pod of dark coffee. I add some milk and it is delicious.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.

I made mini frittatas last week with that. In the sprayed muffin tins, added cooked sausage to half and ham to half. Then sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms and broccoli divided evenly. Then poured over 8 eggs beaten with milk and seasonings and topped with cheese. Baked for 25 minutes. They are really good.

I am going back to melts for this week. High protein English muffins, toasted and buttered, topped with a slice of ham and cheese with a slice of tomato. Today was homemade pancakes with a berry and peach sauce and sausage links.

Every day requires coffee in our household.

greencat

I had brunch at a buffet place, so I had a plate of "breakfast" foods like scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast sausage, breakfast potatoes, and fruit.  Then I had a plate of "lunch" foods, steak, salad, roasted potatoes, and deviled eggs.

Normally I have a bowl of flavored instant oatmeal when I am awake early enough in the day to want to eat breakfast.  Those days when my schedule involves getting up after 11, I usually skip right to lunch.