General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

I cannot give you what you want

(1/7) > >>

One Fish, Two Fish:
Someone please pass me the spine polish.  I have a difficult person coming in to see me first thing in the morning.  Long story short, she is requesting something that I cannot legally give her.  I've spoken with her about this several times.  She will not take no for an answer, and she is becoming irate.  I have advised my superior of the situation, and superior has my back.  I keep repeating to myself, "I will not JADE."  As silly as it sounds, I feel the need to convince myself that I am not being rude.  Ugh.  Better make it a double helping of spine polish. 

Bluenomi:
Been there, dealt with that, fun isn't it!

You aren't being rude, if you can't legally give it to them and you have said that, then there isn't any more you can do.

P12663:
Will she visit you in prison?  Bring you brownies?  Give you a job when you get out?  Be sure to get it in writing!  ;D

On a more serious note:  I once told a person that I would not even consider their request until I had in hand a memo written and signed by them that they had been informed that their request was illegal but were insisting anyway.

Never got said memo.

jedikaiti:

--- Quote from: P12663 on April 09, 2013, 11:48:49 PM ---Will she visit you in prison?  Bring you brownies?  Give you a job when you get out?  Be sure to get it in writing!  ;D

On a more serious note:  I once told a person that I would not even consider their request until I had in hand a memo written and signed by them that they had been informed that their request was illegal but were insisting anyway.

Never got said memo.

--- End quote ---

I'd add in a clause for them to pay (in cash, up front) all legal defense fees plus income lost due to resulting unemployability, plus hardship pay for any time spent in jail or under house arrest. <G>

reflection5:

--- Quote ---She will not take no for an answer,
--- End quote ---

Yes, she will.  She'll have to. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version