News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 28, 2015, 05:19:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forward rush from back of the plane  (Read 330 times)

newbiePA

• Outside the Marinara Zone- our new blog :)
Re: Forward rush from back of the plane
« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:50:00 PM »
That is how the deplaning has always gone on *every* flight I've been on.  I've never seen people leaving "row by row".
exactly. I do a slot of flying, and if you had stopped me in this manner I would not have engaged the crazy.
Not such a newbie anymore

cross_patch

« Reply #16 on: Today at 05:02:14 PM »
That is how the deplaning has always gone on *every* flight I've been on.  I've never seen people leaving "row by row".
exactly. I do a slot of flying, and if you had stopped me in this manner I would not have engaged the crazy.

This! I've never seen deplaning in the manner that you describe, and I would have thought it very rude to be scolded like that.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:03:54 PM »
Last week as a flight I was on was unloading at the airport, a rush of people behind me (I was in row 20 of a plane with about 35 rows) came rushing up before the actual deplaning, as people were standing up as the plane had just docked.  They had to stop at some point due to lack of room.  I had only seen this before when people from the back needed to deplane rapidly due to tight timelines on connecting flights, and this has usually been announced the the steward/ess. 

I stood up (had an aisle seat) and asked one of the rushers if she had a connecting flight, and she said no.  I replied to her that the usual procedure is for people to deplane by rows, unless there were connecting flights so I was sure she would wait for my row to leave before she left, which she did. 

What would you have done?
I've never been on a plane that was any thing less than a crunch of people rushing the door well before we got to the jetway. I think you were rude to lecture an adult who was doing the cultural norm.

I would have sat in my seat, getting up to let middle and window out if they wanted, until the plane was empty. Then I would have walked at my usual pace to baggage claim and waited the 10 - 15 minutes until the luggage came down the shoot. I would wait while everyone did the running of the bulls to get their luggage. Retrieved my luggage after the stampede (the luggage goes around more than twice). Walked to the shuttle gotten in my car/rental and left with much less blood pressure than the rest of the crowd.  We have always been the last off flights, never missed a flight for that reason. (If we missed a flight it was usually because of thunderstorms over Dallas). Never had our luggage stolen from baggage claim. We always seem to be in better moods than those in the crush.

Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #18 on: Today at 05:14:45 PM »
I hate the rush getting off the plane. I always sit and wait for those in a hurry. We've been in this plane at least an hour, a few more minutes us to going to hurt.

I do hate it when the flight attendants try and let people off early who have a connecting flight...but people ignore them and get off anyway.

SheryllJane

« Reply #19 on: Today at 05:17:55 PM »
I only had a purse. 

From what I understand in the future it is okay etiquette-wise to stand up immediately after the seat belt sign comes off and immediately proceed to the front of the plane.  Is it okay to move past first class too?

Alicia

« Reply #20 on: Today at 05:19:34 PM »
Yup stand up gather your things and join the que going forward. If there are sitting folks in first class absolutely walk past them.