News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 02, 2015, 07:40:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gym manager ignores own childcare policy UPDATE P4  (Read 9400 times)

Aquamarine

Re: Gym manager ignores own childcare policy UPDATE P4
« Reply #60 on: Yesterday at 08:49:10 PM »
I can almost promise everyone that if this child is injured Ned will sue the pants off the person who was involved in the accident.  He doesn't sound like a person that would take any responsibility whatsoever, he can't even take responsibility for keeping his son where he belongs; in the child care area.
Always be polite, even to nasty people. Not because they are nice, but because you are.

Zerbinetta

Re: Gym manager ignores own childcare policy
« Reply #61 on: Today at 02:22:41 AM »
Quote from: Danika link=topic=138899.msg3336782#msg3336782 date

I think you should send the letter on paper, not just via email, to owners and others involved in the business. Several copies. You want to make sure that someone in a position  of authority reads them and that Ned doesn't just delete the emails.

POD to this.

Raintree

• Super Hero!
Re: Gym manager ignores own childcare policy
« Reply #62 on: Today at 05:18:00 AM »
UPDATE: Well, I tried to approach Ned in person this week, which did not go well. You could tell he knew where I was going with the conversation as soon as I said, "I've noticed that Jr. spends a lot of time in the training room." He sort of launched into a defensive mode, "Yeah, Jr. feels really at home here and everybody loves the little guy." I could be reading too much into it, but it was a very strange conversational "gambit" like he was trying to cut me off with peer pressure.

Ugh, I hate this kind of assumption. No, "everybody" does not love your child. Everybody doesn't love your pets, your children, or you.

I wonder if emails to management are first screened by Ned. It would explain why you haven't heard back yet. I think this is reasonable cause for a negative on-line review.

Zizi-K

« Reply #63 on: Today at 06:20:10 AM »
I'm sorry to read the update. OP, it's great that you were so direct with him, and at least now you can go to the owner knowing that Ned really does think that his kid doesn't have to follow the rules, and that he is fully aware that customers have complained and noted the safety issue. You can accurately report his recalcitrance to adjust in the letter. Hopefully a few other people will complain as well, so Ned really can't say "but only one person complained!"

southern girl

« Reply #64 on: Today at 06:48:38 AM »
I think that the people in the child care facility don't want to deal with Ned's kid and have kicked the kid out.