Author Topic: My new neighbors have moved in! UPDATED, pg 4 post 52  (Read 19868 times)

MOM21SON

Re: My new neighbors have moved in! UPDATED, pg 4 post 52
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2013, 04:18:14 PM »
Mom21Son.......is there anything new?

Yes there is!  I have been super busy and haven't been around much.  But anyway...

I am so proud of myself!

A few days after my last post, they had company.  I took my chances and walked out into the yard and they were all hanging out.

They said Hello, and I said hello back, then I just stated, "This tree is in my yard and those windows are our bedrooms and I don't want people hanging outside my window."

One of the men that was visiting said ok.  Then spoke in their language.  My neighbors smiled and moved all their stuff right then and haven't been back since! 

I am SOOOOOOOO happy, but I am telling you I was shaking so bad.  It was a very hard thing for me to do.

I am still getting the fence, the guy has been really busy so he will call when he is ready.  I want to be able to open my blinds and windows when it gets cooler.

NyaChan

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
Yay!  I love a nice success story :D

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: My new neighbors have moved in!
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2013, 04:28:23 PM »
Evil Pat here...  If you're tech savvy, monitor your router for wireless connections.  When you have the identifiers (the MAC addresses) of the offenders, set the router to allow them in while blocking all others.  Now it gets good.  Set the allowed usage times in five minute increments - five on, five off, five on, five off.  Add a few blocked hours here and there. Listen for moans of frustration from outside.  :o  Disallow certain protocols.  Have fun learning about security settings.  When you learn enough, block the intruders WiFi access altogether.  8)

Hey, it's *your* router and *you* are paying for the service!  You can adjust it any darn way you please as often as you please!  ;)

OK, I know I am WAY behind, but this is the epitome of Evil Genius. I <3 Evil JustCallMePat.

And, BTW, eHellions, if your home wifi isn't password protected, please go do so ASAP. If you don't know how, contact your ISP, the store you bought your router from, or the router manufacturer - someone will be able to help you.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

desireesgranny

• www.TickerFactory.com
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
Are you near a city that would have an immigrant service? They could send a translator to explain things to them.  many places that serve immigrants also try to help them get to know the culture they moved to. It could help clear things up.

To the folks who posted about my situation. I have been sending things back for years. They persist in giving out our address. As I stated before I have gone as far as having a lawyer send them a cease and desist letter...and it did nothing.  The Post Master is aware of the situation and we are working with her to get things worked out.  But every complaint is met by these folks with claims of discrimination and flashing of the cop's badge. ( basically trying to insinuate that they can do what they want because she's a cop).

You are much more patient than I am. Once I had notified the neighbors to stop sending their mail to my address, EVERY piece of mail thereafter that belonged to them would have gone straight into the trash.

Hillia

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »
Are you near a city that would have an immigrant service? They could send a translator to explain things to them.  many places that serve immigrants also try to help them get to know the culture they moved to. It could help clear things up.

To the folks who posted about my situation. I have been sending things back for years. They persist in giving out our address. As I stated before I have gone as far as having a lawyer send them a cease and desist letter...and it did nothing.  The Post Master is aware of the situation and we are working with her to get things worked out.  But every complaint is met by these folks with claims of discrimination and flashing of the cop's badge. ( basically trying to insinuate that they can do what they want because she's a cop).

You are much more patient than I am. Once I had notified the neighbors to stop sending their mail to my address, EVERY piece of mail thereafter that belonged to them would have gone straight into the trash.

Even better, would be saved and taken to the local police department and fire station.  In general, they frown upon misue of the badge.  Then who knows?  Local newspaper?  Local TV station?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2013, 11:48:40 PM »

Even better, would be saved and taken to the local police department and fire station.  In general, they frown upon misue of the badge.  Then who knows?  Local newspaper?  Local TV station?

Yes, this exactly.  Save every piece and present it to the police captain with details of how you came by it all.

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »

Yes, this exactly.  Save every piece and present it to the police captain with details of how you came by it all.

Am I bad because I imagined a recreation of the courtroom mail scene from "Miracle On 34th Street">:D
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Gyburc

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2013, 07:27:19 AM »
Mom21Son.......is there anything new?

Yes there is!  I have been super busy and haven't been around much.  But anyway...

I am so proud of myself!

A few days after my last post, they had company.  I took my chances and walked out into the yard and they were all hanging out.

They said Hello, and I said hello back, then I just stated, "This tree is in my yard and those windows are our bedrooms and I don't want people hanging outside my window."

One of the men that was visiting said ok.  Then spoke in their language.  My neighbors smiled and moved all their stuff right then and haven't been back since! 

I am SOOOOOOOO happy, but I am telling you I was shaking so bad.  It was a very hard thing for me to do.

I am still getting the fence, the guy has been really busy so he will call when he is ready.  I want to be able to open my blinds and windows when it gets cooler.

Excellent - and it sounds as if they are nice as well, just a bit clueless. Good news all round!

When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you