General Etiquette > Life...in general

My new neighbors have moved in! UPDATED, pg 4 post 52

<< < (17/17)

Shoo:

--- Quote from: Hillia on June 25, 2013, 09:11:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: desireesgranny on June 25, 2013, 06:44:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: snowdragon on June 10, 2013, 08:10:24 PM ---Are you near a city that would have an immigrant service? They could send a translator to explain things to them.  many places that serve immigrants also try to help them get to know the culture they moved to. It could help clear things up.

To the folks who posted about my situation. I have been sending things back for years. They persist in giving out our address. As I stated before I have gone as far as having a lawyer send them a cease and desist letter...and it did nothing.  The Post Master is aware of the situation and we are working with her to get things worked out.  But every complaint is met by these folks with claims of discrimination and flashing of the cop's badge. ( basically trying to insinuate that they can do what they want because she's a cop).

--- End quote ---

You are much more patient than I am. Once I had notified the neighbors to stop sending their mail to my address, EVERY piece of mail thereafter that belonged to them would have gone straight into the trash.

--- End quote ---

Even better, would be saved and taken to the local police department and fire station.  In general, they frown upon misue of the badge.  Then who knows?  Local newspaper?  Local TV station?

--- End quote ---

Yes, this exactly.  Save every piece and present it to the police captain with details of how you came by it all.

Softly Spoken:

--- Quote from: Shoo on June 25, 2013, 11:48:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hillia on June 25, 2013, 09:11:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: desireesgranny on June 25, 2013, 06:44:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: snowdragon on June 10, 2013, 08:10:24 PM ---Are you near a city that would have an immigrant service? They could send a translator to explain things to them.  many places that serve immigrants also try to help them get to know the culture they moved to. It could help clear things up.

To the folks who posted about my situation. I have been sending things back for years. They persist in giving out our address. As I stated before I have gone as far as having a lawyer send them a cease and desist letter...and it did nothing.  The Post Master is aware of the situation and we are working with her to get things worked out.  But every complaint is met by these folks with claims of discrimination and flashing of the cop's badge. ( basically trying to insinuate that they can do what they want because she's a cop).

--- End quote ---

You are much more patient than I am. Once I had notified the neighbors to stop sending their mail to my address, EVERY piece of mail thereafter that belonged to them would have gone straight into the trash.

--- End quote ---

Even better, would be saved and taken to the local police department and fire station.  In general, they frown upon misue of the badge.  Then who knows?  Local newspaper?  Local TV station?

--- End quote ---

Yes, this exactly.  Save every piece and present it to the police captain with details of how you came by it all.

--- End quote ---

Am I bad because I imagined a recreation of the courtroom mail scene from "Miracle On 34th Street"?  >:D

Gyburc:

--- Quote from: MOM21SON on June 25, 2013, 04:18:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: AmethystAnne on June 25, 2013, 03:35:19 PM ---Mom21Son.......is there anything new?

--- End quote ---

Yes there is!  I have been super busy and haven't been around much.  But anyway...

I am so proud of myself!

A few days after my last post, they had company.  I took my chances and walked out into the yard and they were all hanging out.

They said Hello, and I said hello back, then I just stated, "This tree is in my yard and those windows are our bedrooms and I don't want people hanging outside my window."

One of the men that was visiting said ok.  Then spoke in their language.  My neighbors smiled and moved all their stuff right then and haven't been back since! 

I am SOOOOOOOO happy, but I am telling you I was shaking so bad.  It was a very hard thing for me to do.

I am still getting the fence, the guy has been really busy so he will call when he is ready.  I want to be able to open my blinds and windows when it gets cooler.

--- End quote ---

Excellent - and it sounds as if they are nice as well, just a bit clueless. Good news all round!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version