Author Topic: My new neighbors have moved in! UPDATED, pg 4 post 52  (Read 20037 times)

snowdragon

Re: My new neighbors have moved in!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 11:29:05 PM »
Why is it easier for them to receive mail at your house rather than their own?

because to recieve it at theirs the'd have to cut the grass and clean off the porch so the mailman can reach the box.

NyaChan

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 11:40:10 PM »
Ahh ok, lol I was wondering if perhaps they expected you to bring it over to them hand delivered to the door or something.  Not quite so drastic apparently.

johelenc1

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 11:49:03 PM »
Why is it easier for them to receive mail at your house rather than their own?

because to recieve it at theirs the'd have to cut the grass and clean off the porch so the mailman can reach the box.

That is really the epitome of laziness. 

OP - I would be horrified.  It sucks, but I say a solid fence - as tall as allowed by your HOA or city standards - is in order.

Otterpop

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 11:12:29 AM »
Wood fences are very nice.... We put one up for our dogs, but it was very effective in blocking out the Kitty-Litter (instead of mulch) lined trees our neighbor has in his backyard.

Sorry, but how would this even work?

Wood fences are solid.  Chain link is open and let's anything blow through.  I think poster meant the kitty litter no longer migrated to her yard.  OP would be blocking her "new" view of the neighbors garbage.

Good fence = better neighbor relations (most often).  OP, a tall hedge would also mitigate the sound.

Don't know about Alkira6, but I was wondering about how useful kitty litter would be as a mulch.   It wasn't used kitter litter, was it?   :P

Yeah, that. Kitty litter as mulch - it rains, turns to slime, dries out (it's clay) and becomes this barrier to moisture getting in.

Oh silly me.  Thanks for clarifying.  I've never owned a cat (dogs, birds, guinea pigs, yes) so didn't think of kitty litter as a bad idea for mulch.  Wow, the things some people do!  This is why most new neighborhoods have HOAs.

MOM21SON

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »
It gets crazier!

last night DH was complaining about how slow the internet has been running, then DS started in.  Well I knew it was slower but didn't pay that much attention since I am usually doing 10 things at once.

So, I spent the morning password protecting our router.  wonder if they will move away from the window now?

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
That could explain their little gathering under your window. Wonder if they are going to knock on your door and demand the password.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

JustCallMePat

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 08:42:47 PM »
That could explain their little gathering under your window. Wonder if they are going to knock on your door and demand the password.

You never know where they've been surfing to.  Stuff like this can lead to a knock on your door by uniformed men with accusations that you've been downloading and/or distributing very bad things.  ???

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 10:29:33 PM »
Did you arrange for the new fence?

MOM21SON

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »
They are emailing me a estimate.  It was pretty funny.  The guy said, "your backyard is already fenced, I bet I can guess where you want this one."

The chairs are still there and being used.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 08:03:55 PM »
I hope you're taking pictures of all this!  (Both Mom21Son and Snowdragon)

MOM21SON

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 08:09:09 PM »
I hope you're taking pictures of all this!  (Both Mom21Son and Snowdragon)

I have TONS of pictures on my phone and Ipod and they have been downloaded to my computer.

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2013, 08:45:05 AM »
I am so, so thankful for my awesome neighbors right now.

I hope the fence is within budget and that it helps the situation.  Evil Jo secretly hopes the new neighbors hate it to within an inch of their lives.  >:D

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

Kaypeep

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2013, 02:46:41 PM »
They are emailing me a estimate.  It was pretty funny.  The guy said, "your backyard is already fenced, I bet I can guess where you want this one."

The chairs are still there and being used.

Evil Kaypeep would be installing a new bee hive on the property line on your side, next to the chairs.   >:D

Girly

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 05:17:42 PM »
Wood fences are very nice.... We put one up for our dogs, but it was very effective in blocking out the Kitty-Litter (instead of mulch) lined trees our neighbor has in his backyard.

Sorry, but how would this even work?

Wood fences are solid.  Chain link is open and let's anything blow through.  I think poster meant the kitty litter no longer migrated to her yard.  OP would be blocking her "new" view of the neighbors garbage.

Good fence = better neighbor relations (most often).  OP, a tall hedge would also mitigate the sound.

Don't know about Alkira6, but I was wondering about how useful kitty litter would be as a mulch.   It wasn't used kitter litter, was it?   :P

Yeah, that. Kitty litter as mulch - it rains, turns to slime, dries out (it's clay) and becomes this barrier to moisture getting in.

He puts it around the trees so his outside cats 'have somewhere to go'. He just keeps dumping more and more on top as it rains/gets used/etc. In the summers, the smell was less than pleasant, to say the least.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 05:47:15 PM »
I remember a joking post on fbook...or maybe it was a pin on Pinterest, suggesting naming your Wi-Fi "FBI Van #8" to freak out any neighbors trying to piggyback on your connection. ;)  >:D

We'd like to get a privacy fence for our yard instead of the privacy one it came with.  We're across the street from an ice cream place that also sells other treats and we've often found takeout cups in our backyard. (the alley runs past our house which most people on other blocks will walk down to get to the dairy.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata