Soft Boiled
7 (6.7%)
Poached
13 (12.4%)
Other
28 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: April 21, 2013, 06:51:35 AM

Author Topic: How do you like your eggs?  (Read 3308 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: How do you like your eggs?
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2013, 11:51:48 PM »
Scrambled, well done.

I actually have an aversion to most ways eggs are cooked. I prefer to cook them myself to get the done to my comfort level. When I eat out, I rarely order eggs because most cooks refuse to cook eggs past half-raw (just my opinion).

Now, when eggs are incorporated into other dishes as a binding ingredient, I have no issue. But omelets, quiche, and similar egg dominant dishes are not on my menu.

We had to specify for our son and now Lucas that the scrambled eggs should be hard, just browning. Unless it is super busy, the chefs/cooks usually comply. It is almost funny, because when we were first married, Lucas liked his eggs over easy.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2013, 11:54:09 PM »
I love eggs pretty much in any context, just like potatoes.

I like a poached egg and a slice of maple bacon on a  buttermilk waffle, with syrup.  I ADORE eggs Benedict.  I like fried egg sandwiches, I like scrambled eggs mixed with salsa and topped with cheese.   I love French toast, especially made with home-made bread.  I also like the thing you guys are calling Egg in a Hole (or Chicken in a Basket) which is what my mom always called "Bird's Nest".
"After all this time?"
"Always."

mmswm

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2013, 01:04:40 AM »
I gave into temptation.  I made bacon, fried egg and cheese sandwiches for lunch.  Everybody in the house is now happy.  Well, except the dogs.  The dogs didn't get any bacon.

Eveey weekend DH makes himself english muffins with bacon, egg and cheese. He loves it. The cat likes to lick the baon fat out of the pan!

Cute threadjack: Here's what I saw as I was coking bacon.

Thankfully the big dog was outside, as he's large enough to have simply taken the pan off the stove.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2013, 10:40:55 AM »
I love the tail wagging blur!

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2013, 10:47:41 AM »
My Grandmother made the best fried eggs. It may have been the fat she used or it may have been the iron pan. Whatever, her eggs always had just the right amount of brown crispiness around the edges.  We always called this 'lace'.  Try as I might, I can't duplicate it. 

My Mother made something called 'egg in a frame'.  This was a slice of bread with a hole cut out of the middle.  The bread was fried and an egg broken into the middle.  That dish is one ofthe fond memories of my childhood. 

Coralreef

« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2013, 10:54:26 AM »
I will eat eggs in all their shapes and forms.  Even raw, mixed with milk and brown sugar, dipping bread in the mix.

I like them in French toast, boiled, in egg salad sandwich, fried, sunny side up or flipped, poached, hot, cold, love the runny yolks. 

[/right

Amara

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »
All this talk of eggs and what shows up in e-mail this morning but a recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipes for Harissa  Eggs in Purgatory: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/04/harissa-eggs-in-purgatory.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weightwatcherspointsrecipes+%28Gina%27s+Skinny+Recipes%29

mmswm

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2013, 11:57:13 AM »
We're out of eggs.  *sigh*  This is a tragedy.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

rain

« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2013, 01:03:16 PM »
I like 'em hard scrambled (sightly golden)
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

PrincessInPink

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2013, 01:24:39 PM »
In an omelet with meat, veggies, and cheese, or in eggs Benedict.

If I'm having them fried, I like them a little runny so I can dip my toast in them.

Edited to add: Oh my gosh, how could I forget quiche? I love quiche. Especially with spinach in it. Although I guess quiche is kind of in a different category...but it's egg based.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:28:35 PM by PrincessInPink »

Mikayla

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »
I'll eat them anyway I can, with the exception of hard boiled.  The consistency of the whites is not an option for me.

One of my fave things is to pretend they're crepes.  I love a strawberry jam and ricotta cheese omelet with sour cream on the side.  I also like bleu cheese and sauteed apples, or feta cheese and kalamata olives.

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2013, 01:29:01 PM »
Over easy :) Although, since I had my gall bladder removed, they do terrible things to my stomach. I don't know if it's the egg protein or the soft yolk or what, since I don't have that reaction when it's a boiled egg, but I have to limit myself to about 2/3 of an over easy egg or I get sick. Totally worth it though...!

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »
My Grandmother made the best fried eggs. It may have been the fat she used or it may have been the iron pan. Whatever, her eggs always had just the right amount of brown crispiness around the edges.  We always called this 'lace'.  Try as I might, I can't duplicate it. 

My Mother made something called 'egg in a frame'.  This was a slice of bread with a hole cut out of the middle.  The bread was fried and an egg broken into the middle.  That dish is one ofthe fond memories of my childhood.

I was suprised by this. I personally do not like any style egg that has any brown on it. I always thought any browning, whether an omelette or fried egg indicated the egg was cooked on too high of heat. I can't eat an omelette that has browning, it tastes completely off to me. So I just did a quick google search and it seems there is two strong opinions... those who cook their fried eggs so they have crispy edges and those who don't want any browning. I've stopped going to restaurants because they served me eggs with crispy edges. I just thought the cooks didn't know how to "cook a proper egg."  I guess I shouldn't have assumed no one wants a crispy edge.

SoCalVal

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2013, 02:56:09 PM »

I think I've accidentally achieved this when frying eggs in butter.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2013, 02:58:50 PM »
try bacon fat for the lacing