Author Topic: Justin Bieber with regards to Anne Frank  (Read 8250 times)

Kiara

• My dragons!
Re: Justin Bieber with regards to Anne Frank
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »
While I agree that most 19-year-olds are not the epitome of maturity, most know how to behave in a museum.  Especially one as reverential as Anne Frank House.

Had he written some similar drivel in The Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame you might say "Okay, he's a bit much" but to write something so self-egrandizing in such a sacred place is beyond immature.

I think young Mr. Bieber has had far too many people telling him how wonderful he is and it's time he got a reality check.

Plus the shadowboxing with his friends while in the museum makes me doubt how seriously he was taking the whole thing.

Minmom3

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 04:17:10 PM »
 >:(  Seriously?!  Shadow boxing THERE?!  Boy needs a Gibb's slap upside the head...
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 04:24:45 PM »
Okay, does this boy have no one around him to keep him grounded and his head from inflating any further than it has? Is everyone in his entourage think the sun shines from every one of his orifices?

My boys would find themselves pulled aside and scolded if I caught them shadowboxing in a place like that rather than paying the proper respect.  The comment's immature enough but shadowboxing?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hillia

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2013, 04:30:11 PM »
Okay, does this boy have no one around him to keep him grounded and his head from inflating any further than it has? Is everyone in his entourage think the sun shines from every one of his orifices?

My boys would find themselves pulled aside and scolded if I caught them shadowboxing in a place like that rather than paying the proper respect.  The comment's immature enough but shadowboxing?

Read it and weep
http://www.eonline.com/news/408245/justin-bieber-seen-shadowboxing-inside-anne-frank-museum-in-amsterdam?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 04:30:22 PM »
I'm a bad, bad person. I read the linked article down to the Tweeted responses, and nearly spewed Coke when I got to "Anne Frank's Ghost" saying "Actually, I would have been a Juggalo!"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:45:02 PM by Ms_Cellany »
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2013, 04:37:04 PM »
Reading the article and the museum's responses I'm starting to get an impression that someone decided for JB that he should do this as good PR and told him "We're doing this at this time" and he wasn't all that interested, thus playing around, not taking off his sunglasses and hat to pay the proper respect.

Yes, he's a teen, which means he'll do stupid stuff and say stupid stuff, but rather than using it as an excuse it ought to be a reason for someone to teach him better. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 04:40:42 PM »
As a fifth grader, I knew how to act in a museum.  Shadow boxing, seriously?

Kiara

• My dragons!
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 05:26:10 PM »
Seriously.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/04/15/anne-frank-justin-bieber-controversy-shadowboxing-house-pic/  I don't care who he is, had I been working there, I would have told him off.  Politely.

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 08:00:01 PM »
Sorry, my seriously was directed to Mr Biebs.  As in "seriously, Justin?  You thought that was a god idea?"

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »
I'm a bad, bad person. I read the linked article down to the Tweeted responses, and nearly spewed Coke when I got to "Anne Frank's Ghost" saying "Actually, I would have been a Juggalo!"

I'll be horrible with you... I giggled at that. I still think Bieber is best served with a heaping helping of Slipknot.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

ettiquit

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 01:04:29 PM »
At 19, I lived on my own and worked in an office.  I was an adult.  The "Biebs" is an adult who for some reason is allowed to behave like a 12 year old brat.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »
>:(  Seriously?!  Shadow boxing THERE?!  Boy needs a Gibb's slap upside the head...

POD  (and maybe more than one slap...)

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2013, 11:08:14 AM »
artk2002 wrote:

"Honestly, I'm surprised at the number of people here who are bringing up the "he's just a kid" excuse. We don't accept that in "Families And Children," so why do we accept it here?"

Honestly, I'm surprised at the amount of vitriol being thrown at Mr. Bieber here.  We don't accept that among ourselves, so why do we accept it in regards to him?  I'd be more than willing to accept people saying that it's rude and even offensive what he did, but the outright name calling and abuse doesn't fit with an etiquette website.  Are we really incapable of discussing his behavior without including words like "stupid" and "brat"?

"A 19yo is quite capable of learning to be respectful and circumspect when out in public."

Considering what I had to say here, I'm not sure I'd be so fast to cast stones.

Virg

Garden Goblin

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2013, 04:34:07 PM »
Way back when, a friend of mine was ridiculously obsessed over the current 'teen heart-throbs' of the time.  Her family went to Europe.  I don't recall if she toured the house itself or just an exhibit on it, but it affected her.

When she told me about it, she said, 'I know we read the book in school, but it never really clicked that she was an actual person.  And I was standing in that place looking around her room and thinking how much she and I might have had in common.  She was just a kid, the biggest worry of her life should have been whether or not was going to be the 9th caller and get the NKOTB backstage passes not 'if I sneeze right now is someone going to hear and get my family killed'"?

I am going to assume, charitably, that Mr. Beiber's train of thought was going on a similar line and just derailed at 'poorly expressed' station.

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2013, 05:10:57 PM »
Way back when, a friend of mine was ridiculously obsessed over the current 'teen heart-throbs' of the time.  Her family went to Europe.  I don't recall if she toured the house itself or just an exhibit on it, but it affected her.

When she told me about it, she said, 'I know we read the book in school, but it never really clicked that she was an actual person.  And I was standing in that place looking around her room and thinking how much she and I might have had in common.  She was just a kid, the biggest worry of her life should have been whether or not was going to be the 9th caller and get the NKOTB backstage passes not 'if I sneeze right now is someone going to hear and get my family killed'"?

I am going to assume, charitably, that Mr. Beiber's train of thought was going on a similar line and just derailed at 'poorly expressed' station.

The problem is, there is a galaxy of distance between "If she were alive today, she probably would have been a fan of the same music as her peers" and "if she were alive today, she'd be a fan of me."