Author Topic: Justin Bieber with regards to Anne Frank  (Read 8890 times)

Hillia

Re: Justin Bieber with regards to Anne Frank
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 06:27:57 PM »
Pretty sure he meant himself, The Great and Wonderful Justin Bieber.  The shadowboxing in the cellar didn't help promote an innocuous interpretation of his remarks.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

kglory

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 07:58:25 PM »
Justin's mother has clearly not taught him respect for Jewish people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Bieber

"While searching for videos of a different singer, Scooter Braun, a former marketing executive of So So Def, clicked on one of Bieber's 2007 videos by accident. Impressed, Braun tracked down the theater Bieber was performing in, located Bieber's school, and finally contacted Mallette, who was reluctant because of Braun's Jewish religion; she remembered praying, "God, I gave him to you. You could send me a Christian man, a Christian label!... you donít want this Jewish kid to be Justinís man, do you?"[19] However, after praying with her church elders and receiving their encouragement, she permitted Braun to fly Bieber, then 13,[11] to Atlanta, Georgia, to record demo tapes.[19] A week after arriving, Bieber sang for R&B singer/songwriter Usher.[27]"

In light of this, I don't find it shocking that he treated Anne Frank's house with such irreverence.

ishka

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2013, 10:22:02 PM »

"While searching for videos of a different singer, Scooter Braun, a former marketing executive of So So Def, clicked on one of Bieber's 2007 videos by accident. Impressed, Braun tracked down the theater Bieber was performing in, located Bieber's school, and finally contacted Mallette, who was reluctant because of Braun's Jewish religion; she remembered praying, "God, I gave him to you. You could send me a Christian man, a Christian label!... you donít want this Jewish kid to be Justinís man, do you?"[19] However, after praying with her church elders and receiving their encouragement, she permitted Braun to fly Bieber, then 13,[11] to Atlanta, Georgia, to record demo tapes.[19] A week after arriving, Bieber sang for R&B singer/songwriter Usher.[27]"

In light of this, I don't find it shocking that he treated Anne Frank's house with such irreverence.

There is a world of difference between objecting to someone's religion and objecting to their ethnicity.

I don't understand what you mean by this.  Are you saying that she "objected" to this man being of the Jewish religion rather than to him being Jewish?  I'm honestly confused and asking for clarification.

Fleur

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2013, 03:58:39 AM »

There is a world of difference between objecting to someone's religion and objecting to their ethnicity.

I don't understand what you mean by this.  Are you saying that she "objected" to this man being of the Jewish religion rather than to him being Jewish?  I'm honestly confused and asking for clarification.

It seems obvious to me that she didn't want someone of a different religion to have so great of an influence over her son.

Bigotry is bigotry. Bieber gets no pass from me, and there is a very, very small step from disapproving of Judaism as a faith and as an ethnicity. In fact, I'm not so convinced it is a step at all.

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2013, 05:23:24 AM »
Hang on- this isn't Bieber himself expressing these opinions. I don't think we can hold him responsible for Malette's actions.
NE England

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2013, 01:27:32 AM »
I don't agree with Justin's mom's views, at all, but he was 13 at the time, so I'm not holding him responsible.  Pretty sure Scooter Braun and Usher have more influence than she ever envisioned.

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2013, 07:27:14 PM »
Beiber is a spoiled child. The fact that he is young is no excuse for such behavior. Period.