Author Topic: Asking Coworkers to Leave Me Alone (Politely)  (Read 3269 times)

Deetee

• Super Hero!
Re: Asking Coworkers to Leave Me Alone (Politely)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 03:24:28 PM »
I also found it helped to mention that it's nice to keep your mind off the pregnancy. I remember meeting with a friend and she apologised after an hour that she hadn't asked and I reassured her that it was nice to not think about for a while. ( by then I was tired and achy and walking more than a block was difficult). Thinking about something other than my own feebleness was welcome. And after that she only made passing mentions to my state and occasionally brought me extra snacks.

AreaWoman

Re: Asking Coworkers to Leave Me Alone (Politely) -- Update P2
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 08:23:46 PM »
A quick update:

I really appreciate the kind words and comments.  I think a big part of the problem is that I have looked absolutely awful the last several days, which I only realized because one or two more senior people said something to me today.  I have also been really grumpy but had been trying hard not to show it or take it out on anyone (which is probably why I looked so bad, too).  I am feeling better today for various reasons, so I have not had nearly as many comments or offers of help.  So, I will keep up with moving around/hydrating and will try to give a general "I'm fine, thanks for asking!" kind of response.  And I will certainly be thankful for my wonderful coworkers.

EllenS

Re: Asking Coworkers to Leave Me Alone (Politely)
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 09:07:38 PM »
Glad you're feeling better and best wishes for you & baby!