Author Topic: Miss My Way (long) UPDATE!  (Read 10509 times)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Miss My Way (long)
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 09:12:37 PM »
What if you just proactively did that?  Or put them back-to-back in a page protector, and left her a note? I know it's not your job, but if this is someone you have to deal with long-term, a little gesture like that might open the door to her being more of a team player.

Nice! And it would at least mean that yours wasn't tossed out.

Also, if you end up confronting her, you can say, "Hey, I don't toss YOURS out; I respect that you like to have things done your way when you're on duty. I'm not asking for something I don't do."

CaffeineKatie

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 09:54:46 PM »
I don't know exactly what your job duties are--but is she slacking off on other things while she is making these changes?  The first thing that hit me--it's more fun to fiddle around on the computer redoing the schedule instead of doing whatever she should be doing?!?  If that's the case, the management should tell her to get back to work--that's not just rude to annoy the full timers, she's goofing off and getting paid for nothing. 

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 10:19:41 PM »
She probably isn't slacking off at all. Total, there is probably about an hour in her day she has free to do these things. Ten minutes here, ten there, she could easily do the schedule change in those times.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 11:21:54 PM »
It gets better (or worse, depending on how you look at it...)!

Chain of command is as follows, beginning with the lowest:

Corrections Officer (me and Miss My Way)
Sergeant
Lieutenant
Captain
Major
Associate Warden
Warden

My area does not have sergeants, so we answer directly to our lieutenants

Two of our three lieutenants believe she is trying to sabotage me.  You see, just a few weeks after I got to my facility, she was removed from her station and it was given to another officer.  Just a few months after that, another station opened up and it was given to me, the least experienced officer on day shift; my superiors thought I was the best fit for the station.  Ever since then, things keep going wrong in my station.

My Day Shift Lieutenant told me today that anything that happens between me and Miss My Way is to be reported to him directly and immediately.  He wants me to document everything that happens and went as far as to tell me that the major is already aware of the situation but wants more proof/evidence before she takes action.  I wonder how far Miss My Way will go...
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

EmmaJ.

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 11:49:02 AM »
Wow! That was unexpected. I just thought she was a little self-centered.  At least your superiors have her number and are supporting you.

Minmom3

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 03:12:28 PM »
POD the Wow!  What does Miss My Way think she will gain by sabotaging you?  I sure hope you find out in a funny and vindicating way, and not in a painful way!
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 09:02:06 PM »
Sounds like there's an internal investigation going on. Do exactly as your LTs are requesting and stay as far away from this chick as possible!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2013, 07:59:17 PM »
I was just as surprised by the turn of events.  I think there must be more going on about which I am not aware; perhaps she keeps trying to get me into trouble by telling the lieutenants that I'm doing things I'm not?

I have also heard rumor that two other officers (new ones) have reported her to the higher ups for the way she treats/talks about other officers.  I wonder if that has something to do with it, too.

snowfire

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 10:26:35 PM »
It sounds as if she is well on her way to Professional Darwinism.  Let's hope that the higher ups get the evidence that they need soon, before she really FUBAR's the situation.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
Re: Miss My Way (long) UPDATE!
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 04:55:10 PM »
One of my coworkers/friends who works in the same department as I forwarded me an e-mail.  I will fully admit she probably shouldn't have; I didn't realize what it was until I was already reading it.

We were encouraged at the last department meeting to constantly communicate with each other via e-mail, including sending out e-mails to the entire department with stuff like "heads up, this inmate was caught stealing, keep an eye one him!" and "just so you know, the east station no longer hands out particular item because the inmates were abusing the privilege".

Last week, coworker sent out an e-mail to everyone on both shifts that said, "Please remember to fill out all necessary paperwork when you are assigned to a station, things like Specific thing A, Specific thing B, and Specific thing C."

Miss My Way replied to the e-mail and copied our Day Shift Lieutenant on it.  (The reply is what coworker forwarded to me).  It said something like:

I will thank you to not tell me how to do my job.  If you have a problem with someone, I would advise you to let a lieutenant know so that he can talk to them.  You are not my supervisor!

I can't believe she wrote a reply like that and copied the lieutenant on it.  I am dumbfounded.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 05:31:29 PM »
Looks like she's actively doing all she can to get fired.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 06:32:58 PM »
Daaaaaang.  Yeah, here's hoping she won't be long for that job.  Sounds like it will be a relief for everyone when she's gone.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 07:07:15 PM »
What a tool. Seems to me that it's really, really important that corrections officers keep the lines of communication open and work effectively as a team. As in "doing so could possibly save lives" important. I can't see her attitude being tolerated for very long.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 07:16:45 PM »
Yeah, I don't know what she was thinking.  She's been a CO for three years now, so it's not like she doesn't know how she should be behaving.

Minmom3

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 12:49:07 AM »
I can see a lot of ugly repercussions to her snotty attitude.  She sounds very immature (junior high?!) and that kind of behavior around prisoners looking for ANYthing they can leverage into an advantage over officers, or each other, or general trouble and mayhem, if not actual murder, is beyond stupid and injurious to co-workers.  Many, if not most, job situations need co-workers to pull together as a team for optimum functioning.  Mental Magpie's work place carries that need to the nth degree, and for this twit to cop her attitude and stupidity means she is either too stupid to realize or does not care that she endangers people.  She is very bad news for a prison situation.

IMO and YMMV.
Mother to children and fuzz butts....