Author Topic: Miss My Way (long) UPDATE!  (Read 9364 times)

Otterpop

Re: Miss My Way (long) UPDATE!
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 05:07:06 PM »
She sounds immature and insecure (boy have I worked with too many of those types).  The schedule change thing is her way of "peeing" on "her" territory.  Not to worry though.  If she has been removed from certain assignments and others with less experience have been given more choice assignments, it sounds like her superiors are wise to her antics.  This is indicative of a healthy work environment.  If she gets cronies, or higher ups start defending her actions, then worry.

Just be professional at all times with her.  Assert the way you do things, be consistent and swift with correction, and don't let her get to you.  She will eventually provide everyone enough ammunition to fire her.

Phoebe

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2013, 12:47:34 PM »
I'd be astounded if she's still working there another week.  That kind of attitude in a prison setting is going to get someone seriously hurt or killed.

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2013, 04:35:08 PM »
I'd be astounded if she's still working there another week.  That kind of attitude in a prison setting is going to get someone seriously hurt or killed.

Unfortunately, it takes longer than that to fire someone from a state job, but I'll definitely be surprised if she lasts much longer.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Phoebe

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2013, 06:07:04 PM »
I know what you're saying about termination from a State job, but in my state (NY) COs have been placed on immediate suspension in situations like you're describing while the termination proceeds.  Hopefully that can be done in your state as well.

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »
I know what you're saying about termination from a State job, but in my state (NY) COs have been placed on immediate suspension in situations like you're describing while the termination proceeds.  Hopefully that can be done in your state as well.

I wonder...when I return to work on Wednesday, I will have to see what the regulations say...
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.