General Etiquette > Family and Children

Take the temper tantrum outside?

(1/9) > >>

PennyandPleased:
This has actually happened multiple times and my whole family is sick of it and want to know how to react.

My Aunt has 3 young children (my cousins) who are all under 7. They are poorly behaved and throw temper tantrums like no other. (There are no mental development issues.)

I swear that at every family party one of them throws a full out screaming fit. This happened at a party on Saturday. My Aunt and Uncle handle the fits okay but never seem to remove them. So basically one of the kids is screaming in the middle of a crowded house at a family party and everything basically comes to a stop.

These screaming fits last a long time and often will calm down, then quickly start up again, before things get under control.

Would it be out of line for someone to ask my Aunt or Uncle to take the kids outside or to a different part of the house the next time this happens? Everyone is at the end of their rope with this and since the youngest 2 kids are very young in age we don't see this behavior ending any time soon.

EMuir:
I think removing them would be the best thing not only for others but for teaching them. As long as it isn't being removed to a place they can play a video game or something.  Just to a place where they don't have a huge audience.  You should talk about this with another older family member and have them suggest to aunt and uncle that the child be removed, and have a couple people willing to assist if the child intends to be a dead weight. Good luck.

heartmug:

--- Quote from: PennyandPleased on April 18, 2013, 11:21:23 AM ---Would it be out of line for someone to ask my Aunt or Uncle to take the kids outside or to a different part of the house the next time this happens? Everyone is at the end of their rope with this and since the youngest 2 kids are very young in age we don't see this behavior ending any time soon.

--- End quote ---

I think it would be ok if maybe done by an older relative.  Would the Aunt's mom or dad be there?  Then if Aunt throws her own fit, everyone can back up mom and dad saying that is what we want to.

Giggity:

--- Quote from: PennyandPleased on April 18, 2013, 11:21:23 AM ---Would it be out of line for someone to ask my Aunt or Uncle to take the kids outside or to a different part of the house the next time this happens?
--- End quote ---

Why would it be out of line?

WillyNilly:
Personally I think its pretty out of line no one has said "how about you move into another room [or outside]?" Who's ever house these events are taking place at has dropped a huge hosting ball on that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version