Author Topic: Drug Rep Breakfast  (Read 5715 times)

Eden

Re: Drug Rep Breakfast
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 10:01:31 AM »
I do think the staff was rude, but from a purely practical business standpoint the drug rep should have a thicker skin. They deal with rejected appointment requests and all other kinds of being turned away on a regular basis. People being unhappy with the food the rep brought is the least of the rep's issues.

On the topic of gifts, I think the regulations deal more with things like free trips and such. Edible gifts are generally considered okay.

I do not work in the medical field but the company I work for is incredibly conservative and we would not even be allowed to accept a catered breakfast from a vendor.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
It's rude to complain about something that cannot be immediately corrected, particularly if it's in the category of "gifts". (And I'd hate to think the colleagues were viewing a drug rep's offerings as some sort of payment rather than a gift.) So, the colleagues were out of line.

However, if they had been told there would be a full breakfast, and hadn't eaten their regular breakfast, I can understand being irked at the misinformation (even if they shouldn't have made that obvious). My boss did that to me once - he asked me to come and do morning registration at a conference, and specifically told me not to eat beforehand, because the catered breakfast would be SOOO good. Well, I guess it was - because by the time I'd finished all my work, every scrap of it was gone. I was a hungry pup until lunchtime.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 10:30:23 AM »
Did the rep promise to bring breakfast or did she just show up with a surprise?  Either way, it's rude to flip out and scoff to her face.  You can think it and don't do business with her because only brought bagels, but keep the comments to yourself.  If anything needs to be said, say it to the boss who can decide if they need to talk to the rep. that she better bring a buffet next time.

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »
 I have look at the OP about 3 times and no where does she say that  the rep said they would bring in a full breakfast

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »
I have look at the OP about 3 times and no where does she say that  the rep said they would bring in a full breakfast

That is why people are addressing it as a possibility instead of a certainty.

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 10:40:31 AM »

That is why people are addressing it as a possibility instead of a certainty.

several people seem to be address this a certainty, wouldn't it be better to wait until the OP comes back to clarify the issue.  I mean afterall, she works there an though the coworkers were rude and didn't anything wrong with what the drug rep brought in.

MissBrit

Re: Drug Rep Breakfast-Update: Pg. 3
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 05:30:51 PM »
Update:

We were told the day before that we were going to get breakfast. Typical breakfasts are some kind of baked goods, fruit and coffee and juice. Sometime we get mini egg sandwiches. Most of the people in our office do try to eat a little something just in case they can't have what the rep brings (we don't know until he or she gets there). 
We had a department meeting today and the boss did address the rudeness and asked people to be more polite to the reps next time.

Mopsy428

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 02:56:05 PM »
To me, bagels and coffee is a complete breakfast. The co-workers were rude.