Author Topic: I Used To Like That!?! (a spin-off of "Hey, that's actually pretty good")  (Read 10885 times)

mandycorn

I used to eat Oscar Mayer bologna on white bread with Cheetos (puffs, not the crunchy ones) for lunch. I remember how much I loved it, but I can't imagine doing it now, it just sounds awful, even if they hadn't reworked the Cheetos puffs and ruined them!
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

Waterlight

I can't stand ketchup since drastically reducing the amount of sugar I eat. It's so sweet!

That must be why I don't like ketchup anymore either, since I've cut down on sugar too in the past five years.  I don't even keep a bottle in my refrigerator.  A couple different kinds of mayo, yes (wasabi from Trader Joe's and homemade chipotle), but absolutely no ketchup.

I used to love hot dogs.  And those "beef sticks" and pepperoni sticks.  Now I don't eat meat at all.

I do have some Kraft mac & cheese stashed in my pantry for emergencies though  :)
“The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”--Ralph Waldo Emerson

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
Am watching "Annie" now, the version with Aileen Quinn and Carol Burnett.  I loved this movie dearly when I was a kid.  Now I watch it and much of it gets on my nerves, like the voices of the girls to the point where I can sympathize when Miss Hannigan sings "Little Girls".   

Actually there was a point when I went from saying Annie was my favorite character to wishing I could have a chance to play Miss Hannigan.  :) But then I'm a huge Carol Burnett fan so that's probably a factor.  I love her as Miss Hannigan.

Carol Burnett is awesome in that role! And I think most adults can sympathize with her. I love that movie, and I love the kids in it, but they were pretty mouthy.

(Oh, and BTW, thank you for the earworm. :P "Lucky me, lucky me...")
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
You're welcome!  Actually I've had that earworm in my head since I heard Jane Lynch is going to play Miss Hannigan on stage and sang "Little Girls" as Sue Sylvester on Glee recently.

I'm not a huge Glee fan but I do like Jane Lynch and had to hear her sing it.  She's very good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XneDmFB7Zkg
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

TeamBhakta

I used to love York Peppermint Patties. But I'm pretty sure the recipe has been changed in the last few years; now they taste pastier and have a less intense mint flavor. The aftertaste is a little bit yucky to me at this point :(