News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 18, 2017, 04:03:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I Used To Like That!?! (a spin-off of "Hey, that's actually pretty good")  (Read 34380 times)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
Am watching "Annie" now, the version with Aileen Quinn and Carol Burnett.  I loved this movie dearly when I was a kid.  Now I watch it and much of it gets on my nerves, like the voices of the girls to the point where I can sympathize when Miss Hannigan sings "Little Girls".   

Actually there was a point when I went from saying Annie was my favorite character to wishing I could have a chance to play Miss Hannigan.  :) But then I'm a huge Carol Burnett fan so that's probably a factor.  I love her as Miss Hannigan.

Carol Burnett is awesome in that role! And I think most adults can sympathize with her. I love that movie, and I love the kids in it, but they were pretty mouthy.

(Oh, and BTW, thank you for the earworm. :P "Lucky me, lucky me...")
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Piratelvr1121

You're welcome!  Actually I've had that earworm in my head since I heard Jane Lynch is going to play Miss Hannigan on stage and sang "Little Girls" as Sue Sylvester on Glee recently.

I'm not a huge Glee fan but I do like Jane Lynch and had to hear her sing it.  She's very good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XneDmFB7Zkg
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

TeamBhakta

I used to love York Peppermint Patties. But I'm pretty sure the recipe has been changed in the last few years; now they taste pastier and have a less intense mint flavor. The aftertaste is a little bit yucky to me at this point :(