Author Topic: Rosacea- what works for I you?  (Read 1817 times)

rain

Re: Rosacea- what works for I you?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 10:48:24 PM »
I've not tried it, but I've been told that coconut oil works wonders (you can find it in an ethnic market & get the kind for skin, not hair)
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Miss Tickle

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 01:38:59 AM »
Treat Rosacea like you would any other mite infestation. I eliminated mine with a combination of oils and calamine paste.

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »
^
You know, I've heard that it might be caused by a mite similar to the one that causes Demodectic Mange in dogs. (I keep asking my lovely vet for mange cream to try on my face--she just laughs at me (she knows I'm joking. Maybe. Hmmmm....)

"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »
^
You know, I've heard that it might be caused by a mite similar to the one that causes Demodectic Mange in dogs. (I keep asking my lovely vet for mange cream to try on my face--she just laughs at me (she knows I'm joking. Maybe. Hmmmm....)

That's the theory behind the sea buckthorn seed oil and it has definitely worked for me.

mlogica

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »
My rosacea is fairly mild and sometimes seems to go into "remission"; i.e.:  the pinkness is less and I don't get the little bumps.  The two best non-medical treatments that have worked for me are a) faithful sunscreen usage, or just making sure I have a hat to shade my face, and b) avoiding my dietary triggers.  The worst for me seems to be chocolate.

I am feeling a little nervous right now, because I often get a flare-up at the end of Spring/beginning of Summer, when the sun is suddenly much stronger.  If that happens again this year, I'll use the Finacea cream to help it go away and be extra careful about no chocolate.  I have successfully used antibiotics to clear up flares but I'd rather avoid them if possible.

Bramble

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 07:42:26 PM »
My rosacea is usually pretty mild, though it can flare up at times.  I've found the best results with Paula's Choice products, particularly their BHA products.  I use the 2% BHA mostly, but if I get a bad flare up the 9% BHA gets rid of it pretty fast.  Here's a link to their page on rosacea http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/rosacea/_/treating-rosacea.

ETA:  Paula Begoun is also the author of "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me", and has pretty good advice about what ingredients/products work better for rosacea sufferers, and what to avoid.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:11:16 PM by Bramble »

Aquamarine

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 08:12:24 PM »
The only thing that has worked for me is the laser treatments (Limelight specifically), seriously they are a not a big deal at all, my treatment takes literally about 2-3 minutes to do.  My skin is red for about 15 minutes and that's that.  A touch of mineral and makeup and it's gone.

The Revaleskin treatment line is a line geared specifically for those with rosacea/sensitive skin.  A local derm office should sell it.  I recommend buying only from a professional source, there are a tremendous amount of counterfeit products flooding the internet that look exactly like the real thing but are not the same at all.  Priori mineral makeup is a line made specifically for people with redness issues and is proven to make quite a dramatic difference, seriously it is like Photoshop for your skin.

Personally I have found nothing over the counter that I have been impressed with for myself or my clients. 
Always be polite, even to nasty people. Not because they are nice, but because you are.