General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Reese Witherspoon's apology

(1/8) > >>

Drunken Housewife:
Reese Witherspoon got upset at a police officer when her husband was arrested for drunk driving and was then herself arrested for disturbing the peace.  Her actions were terrible, but she made a lovely apology today:  http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20693423,00.html  Now that is a proper apology.

CakeBeret:
What a serious lapse in judgment. :O

Still, her apology was classy and seems sincere.

Kaypeep:
I'm on the fence about the apology, if she weren't a celebrity I doubt she'd be making it.

I hope when this case is resolved she makes some kind of apology about the dangers of DUI.  I'm more offended by the risk she and her husband put the public in than the fact that she got lippy with a cop. 

Bottlecaps:

--- Quote from: Kaypeep on April 22, 2013, 12:53:00 PM ---I'm on the fence about the apology, if she weren't a celebrity I doubt she'd be making it.

--- End quote ---

POD. Maybe I'm too judgmental of those in the spotlight, but often when a celebrity makes a public apology like that, I tend to think that they're only doing it about face. Lashing out at a cop because they were arresting you or your husband for such a serious offense that can cost lives really is a serious lapse in judgement. I too would like to see her apologize more for the dangers of DUI.

whiskeytangofoxtrot:
I hope she was sincere, but my first thought when I saw the news story this morning was, "In vino, veritas."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version