General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Reese Witherspoon's apology

<< < (8/8)

MrTango:

--- Quote from: mbbored on April 28, 2013, 01:33:45 AM ---And rumors aside, this is the first time I've heard of her having trouble with the law. Yes, they made horrible mistakes that night, but no one was hurt. Nobody's perfect, including celebrities, so I'll reserve judgment until she appears to make a habit of this.

--- End quote ---

This makes a lot of sense to me.  Everybody gets one.

Knitterly:

--- Quote from: Snooks on April 26, 2013, 07:45:22 PM ---Kevin Smith does seem to hold grudges but it seems he had more than one run in with her.  Kevin Smith's Reese Witherspoon stories.*  On the other hand one could say that those incidents were many years ago when she was a young actress just starting out.

*Warning for language some may find offensive.

--- End quote ---

Reading that did absolutely nothing  to convince me that Reese Witherspoon has ever done anything worthy of Kevin Smith's distain.  In fact, he comes across as an extremely unpleasant and arrogant person.

Regarding the apology she issued, whether it was written or prepared for her by someone else or whether it was her own words, it was a very well spoken apology and hit all the points that an apology should (ie, taking responsibility, stating what it is you are sorry for, etc).  I give kudos to her for saying the words, regardless of whether someone else may or may not have told her to say them.

Someone could order me to apologize, but I would still be able to refuse to do so if I didn't really feel sorry.

TurtleDove:
I agree - Kevin Smith is coming off far worse than Reese is.

Winterlight:

--- Quote from: sempronialou on April 24, 2013, 10:42:05 PM ---I'm more upset that she let her husband get behind the wheel and drive and then rode right along.  It so easy to call a cab, a friend, a publicist, a limo, or whomever.  Frankly I'm glad that the cop pulled them over before anything happened.  Her behavior was inexcusable (allowing drunk driving and being belligerent with the cop) and unacceptable.  I don't find her apology that sincere.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.

To clarify, I meant that she behaved stupidly and arrogantly and I do belive "in vino veritas."

However, the fact that Kevin Smith found it necessary to write a rant and call names makes him come off even worse.

LeveeWoman:
Well. She's plead nolo and paid a $213.00 fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version