General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Reese Witherspoon's apology

<< < (2/8) > >>

Winterlight:
I think she showed who she was that night, and is now trying to backtrack.

crella:
I think it's possible that those words do show who she is  8) 

Ethics Alarms had a post about her apology and called it a case of the 'Pazuzu Defense'  (named after the demon who made Linda Blair say those awful things in the Exorcist), the devil made her do it  ;D

MrsJWine:
I don't know, Reese Witherspoon has always seemed one of the few very classy and private celebrities. She obviously messed up here, but I don't think it's fair to assume the worst just because she's a celebrity. I shudder to think what conclusions would be reached about me based on stupid things I've said while under the influence.

crella:
You're right...it's too hard to tell.

kareng57:

--- Quote from: MrsJWine on April 22, 2013, 10:48:55 PM ---I don't know, Reese Witherspoon has always seemed one of the few very classy and private celebrities. She obviously messed up here, but I don't think it's fair to assume the worst just because she's a celebrity. I shudder to think what conclusions would be reached about me based on stupid things I've said while under the influence.

--- End quote ---

I agree, it sounds to me as though she came-clean and didn't rush forward with a pile of excuses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version