Author Topic: "Excuse me, your child is about to be eaten by a Labrador!"  (Read 12581 times)

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
Re: "Excuse me, your child is about to be eaten by a Labrador!"
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2013, 03:09:09 PM »
I admit I haven't read all the replies.
I just wanted to jump in with [another] story about why people (kids or adults) should always ask before petting a strange animal at the vet.

I had an awesome cat. She lived a long happy life (20+ years!) and was relatively healthy throughout, maintaining a lovely coat to her last day. She died at home peacefully. I placed her body on her favorite fleece throw and took her to the vet's to be cremated. I held her body on my lap, half wrapped in her blanket. Much like a person who has died peacefully, she looked fine,and because it had been about a few hours, rigamortis had set in and she wasn't limp. Because I loved my cat, as I sat waiting to be called up my a vet tech, I stroked her head a bit.

A kid came up and asked if she could pet my cat. Its a good thing she did ask, since I had to say "sure, but just so you know, she's dead."

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Re: "Excuse me, your child is about to be eaten by a Labrador!"
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2013, 03:13:41 PM »
Really? You couldn't have just said no, she's asleep?

Thread locked.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.