Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

I need a veggie dish

<< < (5/5)

RubyCat:
I wanted to thank you all for your suggestions. They all sound delicious and I plan on trying every one of them some time soon. I wanted to let you know what I made.

I went to the market early this morning and bought ingredients to make the green beans and a veggie & dip platter and a roasted veggie medley. I started the dip and set it aside as a just in case dish but didn't need one.  It was so nice out, I decided to grill veggies on our gas grill. I sliced zucchini and summer squash lengthwise, slathered them in olive oil and put the on the grill. I also grilled red and green peppers, a sweet onion, a package of white mushrooms, and a container of grape tomatoes. After they were charred a bit, I cut them into pieces and put them in a large serving bowl. They looked pretty and Everybody liked them. There were no leftovers  :)

Later this week I'll have to try the green beans, and then the carrots. I've been trying to work more veggies into my diet anyway and this helps with that as well.

Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions.

jpcher:

--- Quote from: RubyCat on April 28, 2013, 08:21:03 PM ---There were no leftovers  :)

--- End quote ---

This is a true sign of a very much appreciated dish!

You done did good. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version