Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

I need a veggie dish

<< < (2/5) > >>

sparksals:
Wow!  The garlic walnut green beans look amazing!

RubyCat:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm starting to get hungry just reading the recipes. I doubt I'll be able to cook on site, though maybe reheating in the microwave would be an option. I live an hour away so I'll need something that travels well.

NyaChan:
I suggest Asian slaw - there are tons of recipes online.  It is quite easy and travels well, just carry the crushed ramen separately and top the salad before serving.  Tastes good with chicken...and just about everything else lol

Outdoor Girl:
If you are an hour away, I'd find a cold dish you can make, like WillyNilly's carrot salad.  I have a recipe somewhere for a broccoli salad that has grapes, bacon, curry powder and I don't remember what else.  Very time consuming to make but oh, so, so, good.  And I don't even like curry.

I can did out the recipe when I get home tonight, if you like.

Zilla:

--- Quote from: RubyCat on April 23, 2013, 11:03:21 AM ---Thanks for the suggestions. I'm starting to get hungry just reading the recipes. I doubt I'll be able to cook on site, though maybe reheating in the microwave would be an option. I live an hour away so I'll need something that travels well.

--- End quote ---

Another good one and it sounds nuts but it is truly delicious and people ask me for the recipes.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/broccolisaladrecipes/r/bl30321h.htm

It's best if you make this the night before and let it marinate.  The onions "cook" the broccoli and it becomes delicious.  I put the bacon in a baggie and sprinkle just before serving.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version