General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Freebies & Reviews is there an etiquette.

<< < (4/4)

ClaireC79:
Howabout a simple 'I tested a pack of .....' you don't have to spell out it was free (as some people said they would discount those reviews on principle) you could have brought a pack to try, but it's clear you aren't a long time user of that product

PurpleFrog:
Thanks everyone, I think I'll mention they were freebies and let the chips fall as they may.

kherbert05:
I think you are obligated to say that you received free samples to test - then say if you would be willing pay full price for the items.

I know that on Before You Buy (Twit network) they say if something was a free sample they are returning or if they bought it.

Same goes for many bloggers I read.

Wasn't there a dust up 4 or 5 years ago with the Federal Trade Commission requiring bloggers and some reviewers to say if they received freebies of something they were reviewing or face fines?

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: kherbert05 on April 29, 2013, 09:02:43 PM ---Wasn't there a dust up 4 or 5 years ago with the Federal Trade Commission requiring bloggers and some reviewers to say if they received freebies of something they were reviewing or face fines?

--- End quote ---

Let's keep this thread out of the legal realm so it doesn't get closed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version