General Etiquette > Life...in general

Update #35 Am I being a Special Snowflake or should seating be available

<< < (2/9) > >>

MrTango:
Based on your OP, you are not being a Special Snowflake.  Contacting the venue, and even escalating a request beyond the front-line CSR isn't SS-ish, as long as you accept that in the end, their answer may still be "no."

Outdoor Girl:
I agree with MrTango.

And if you and friend really want to see this concert, I don't think there is anything wrong with borrowing/renting a wheelchair for friend for the evening.  She has a legitimate disability.

*inviteseller:
I would check with the ADA, but if a place is handicap accessible, then reasonable concessions are made for the patrons.  The person you spoke to was rude with the snarky wheelchair comment.  Also, talk to the public relations office of the venue as they would be able to answer your questions easier as that is their job to promote the venue and the events.

Zilla:
You spoke with two different persons and they both said no seating.  As others suggested, I would ask your friend to look into renting a wheelchair for the evening.  Or seeing if the venue has one. (I know airports do, maybe this venue will as well)  If neither is an option, then I would call them back and ask for a refund which they should do.

JenJay:

--- Quote from: MrTango on April 25, 2013, 03:10:44 PM ---Based on your OP, you are not being a Special Snowflake.  Contacting the venue, and even escalating a request beyond the front-line CSR isn't SS-ish, as long as you accept that in the end, their answer may still be "no."

--- End quote ---

I agree.

A relative of mine is in the same situation as your friend. He has a standard cane and one that converts into a small seat that he uses when chances are good he'll be in a standing-only situation. Maybe something like that would work for her?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version