General Etiquette > Family and Children

Is there a polite way to say "You have under charged us"?

<< < (2/4) > >>

cicero:
Are you *sure* he undercharged you? Maybe first guy, that you say you don't trust, was * overcharging * you?

Lynnv:
My response would depend on how close we were.  If it was someone I was pretty close to, I would probably go with "Dude-did you *mess up* our bill?  We expected to pay a lot more than that for you to fix what *mean name for bad contractor* did PLUS you doing it the right way."  Insert less eHell friendly language where appropriate.

Someone less close would get a response similar to the wording Bopper suggested.

alice:
I had the same thing happen, but it was with a friend.  He did work, and it was way under what my husband and I had planned.  He even did some extra work for us.  So we sent him the amount we had planned to spend.  He said we over paid him, but I told him that the work was great, and that we would need his help the following year with something similar and that we thought he undervalued his work.  He accepted.

gramma dishes:

--- Quote from: Zilla on April 26, 2013, 09:12:36 AM ---Or you can go ahead and send the full payment of the original quote with a note saying, "Cousin, you did such a fantastic job and this was the original quote I was prepared to pay the other person.  Thank you so much!"

--- End quote ---

I like Zilla's wording and this is what I would do.

Actually we have had our "Handyman" request XX amount for a given job, and we've just paid him more.  He always accepts.   ;D

LadyJaneinMD:
You could always just give him more.  I have a friend who does this to me.  I do sewing for her, and tell her that it costs $20.  She says, 'Well, I'm going to give you $40.'  And that's that. 

How about a gift card to his favorite restaurant?  Or tickets to a sport that he likes? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version