Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Gluten Free Mother's Day

(1/4) > >>

CakeBeret:
I'm finally being allowed to host a family event at my home ::)

I'm having a mother's day get-together for about 8 people, including my mom who can't have gluten. It's a casual evening get-together with snacks, and I'm making the whole menu gluten free.

Menu comments and suggestions are appreciated :)

Savory:
Deviled eggs
Brazilian cheesy puffs
Pesto stuffed grape tomatoes
Cucumber cups with cream cheese filling

Sweet:
Apples with caramel dipping sauce
My specialty Ultimate Cheesecake (crust topped with caramel, cheesecake, and then dark chocolate ganache) - usually made with graham cracker crust, I'm going to make a crust out of oat flour instead.

Hmmmmm:
It sounds great. I love brazilian cheese puffs.

If your looking for a little more variety, maybe do deviled eggs 2 or 3 ways.

Wulfie:
Make sure that your oat flour is GF certified. Oats will cross polinate with wheat, we learned that the hard way with WulfiePartner!

Another great idea is GF cupcakes or regular cake. Betty Crocker makes a pretty good line of cake mixes that are GF.

http://glutenfreegirl.com/ has a lot of great ideas on her website.

thunderroad:
sounds wonderful, and the cheesecake especially so!

One thought--I make GF cheesecakes often for our family, and instead of graham crackers for the crust, I substitute whatever GF cookies I find in our local stores.  I have at times found GF graham crackers, but have also used shortbread cookies, chocolate cookies, and pecan cookies.  I have even made a nut crust, with chopped walnuts, butter and a little sugar.

Have fun!

CakeBeret:

--- Quote from: thunderroad on April 26, 2013, 12:47:02 PM ---sounds wonderful, and the cheesecake especially so!

One thought--I make GF cheesecakes often for our family, and instead of graham crackers for the crust, I substitute whatever GF cookies I find in our local stores.  I have at times found GF graham crackers, but have also used shortbread cookies, chocolate cookies, and pecan cookies.  I have even made a nut crust, with chopped walnuts, butter and a little sugar.

Have fun!

--- End quote ---

GF anything is absurdly expensive here; it would cost me around $6 to buy GF cookies to use for the crust. I already have oats at home that I can grind to make an oat crust instead. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version