Author Topic: Gluten Free Mother's Day  (Read 1807 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Gluten Free Mother's Day
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »
Sounds lovely!

Specky

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »
Don't forget nut flours.

doodlemor

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 01:01:35 PM »
Here is my favorite dessert, which I've posted before.  It is extremely easy - it takes more time to prep the pan than it does to mix the beast together with a whisk. 

The initial sugar syrup needs to be done on the stove, but the chocolate and butter or cream that need heating can be done carefully in the microwave.  Just microwave a bit, then whisk - repeat until the chocolate is all melted into the cream.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2006/09/la_bete_noire

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »
These were made as mini-cupcakes for a party I attended. Of the 8 desserts on the table, these were the ones everyone loved and were asking to take an extra home, even non-GF people. The woman neon madden them topped each with an small piece of peanut brittle.

doodlemor

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 07:45:40 PM »
These were made as mini-cupcakes for a party I attended. Of the 8 desserts on the table, these were the ones everyone loved and were asking to take an extra home, even non-GF people. The woman neon madden them topped each with an small piece of peanut brittle.

I never thought about making these as cupcakes - that would certainly affect the cooking time.  The recipe is supposed to serve 16, and it is very filling due to the high protein and fats in it.