Author Topic: Issue at work today (closing time)..need advice (UPDATE p2)  (Read 5047 times)

thedudeabides

Re: Issue at work today (closing time)..need advice
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 11:15:54 PM »
I said it loudly from my spot on the line because I was trying to put my stuff away and balance.

When you get interrupted like that, it's necessary to give short answers in order not to lose count in the middle of counting up a bunch of dimes and have to start over.

"Oh....are you still open?"
"No, sorry" (30, 40, 50, 60.....)
"Oh!! You close at 5:30?"
"Yes." (....70, 80, 90, 1....)
"But I really need to send a registered letter...."

(sigh....start over.....10, 20, 30, 40.....)

And so it goes.  I would like to universally bust the illusion that some people are under that says that just because you can see people in there, doesn't mean they are open for business. Locked doors and closed signs generally mean you'll have to come back another time.

It is sad that the Post Office can't extend hours when they see multiple customers need them to be open later.

The same Post Office that just considered cutting service on Saturdays across the country in an attempt to remain solvent should extend their hours and therefore their operating budget at random?

There's nothing that I've really found to work for convincing people that my presence in a store does not necessarily mean the store is open for business, either before or after hours.  The posted hours just don't apply to them, you know.