Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

Move to the worst seat on the plane so we can sit together!

<< < (5/30) > >>

bopper:
My daughter and her friend were on a flight but were not sitting together.
But one lady was happy to move from her middle seat to an aisle seat farther up the plane that had extra legroom!
We thought ahead of time of how we could offer a better seat to someone so they could sit together.

misha412:
Sorry I am coming late on this one.

A number of years ago I was traveling across country from NC to Nevada. I had an aisle seat. I got seated early and the flight was full. Towards the end of boarding, a lady came up who was assigned the middle seat. She asked me if I minded trading seats as her traveling companion was seated in the seat across the aisle from me. I said I would be happy to trade with her companion if they wanted to sit together.

Her reply?

"No. We both want the aisle seats. They are more comfortable."

"Then I will have to say no." was my reply.

I like the aisle or the window seat because the middle seat makes me a bit claustrophobic. I prefer aisle to window. This was the only leg of this trip that I actually got the aisle seat. I was not giving it up.

stkatie00:
DH and I were flying from DC to Phoenix with our 20 month old twins (last trip before we have to pay for seats for them). It's important to know that each section of a plane has one extra air mask for a lap child, so we cannot sit together (so, in this case, where it was a plane with 3 seats on each side of the aisle, we could sit across the aisle from each other, but not in the same set of 3 seats). In order to get aisle seats across from each other, we were in the very back row. When we boarded, there was a man in DH's seat. He had originally been assigned the middle seat next to me, but he was flying with his daughter (she was probably 9 or 10), and refused to move. The flight attendant ended up asking the lady in the aisle seat a row ahead to move to that middle seat next to me, since, as I said, DH and I could NOT sit next to each other. The lady was very gracious about it, but her husband was ticked off they would be sitting apart from each other. If the first man's daughter had been younger, I could have understood a bit better, but she seemed old enough that sitting apart shouldn't have been an issue-especially since he's whole attitude just screamed that he didn't care about the inconvience to others he was causing.

kareng57:

--- Quote from: misha412 on August 07, 2013, 09:42:53 PM ---Sorry I am coming late on this one.

A number of years ago I was traveling across country from NC to Nevada. I had an aisle seat. I got seated early and the flight was full. Towards the end of boarding, a lady came up who was assigned the middle seat. She asked me if I minded trading seats as her traveling companion was seated in the seat across the aisle from me. I said I would be happy to trade with her companion if they wanted to sit together.

Her reply?

"No. We both want the aisle seats. They are more comfortable."

"Then I will have to say no." was my reply.

I like the aisle or the window seat because the middle seat makes me a bit claustrophobic. I prefer aisle to window. This was the only leg of this trip that I actually got the aisle seat. I was not giving it up.

--- End quote ---

Of course you were fine to deny their request - but, in fact many couples (especially if at least one of them is on the larger-body-size) do in fact prefer facing-aisle seats.  Sometimes it's the best version of sitting "together".

missmolly:
Any David Sedaris fans here? He wrote about a flight where a woman tried to pressure him to swap with her husband for a seat that he hated and acted very petulant when he politely refused.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version